Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 06:15 PM

490 posts, read 584,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techie19 View Post
I guess this house in one of the exceptions where it does not have an attic. I double checked and didn't find one.

Although I know I'm technically right about requesting the items be removed by PM/Owner, I decided to leave it as is and not pursue it further. I just reorganized the stuff where it now doesn't take up as much space.
Good for you making a logical decision. I can't believe the stink you made over a couple gallons of paint, a 5 gallon sealed container and 12 tiles. Listening to his anal retentive rant reinforced that I would never rent any vacant property even if i can provide decent reasonable lodging in a increasingly expensive market.

Old 08-01-2017, 06:28 PM

490 posts, read 584,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
I have never been in a house in florida that did not have attic access in the garage. When i use to work on new homes during my construction years we would place things in the scuttle hole all the time in the garage so they would not get thrown out during the construction process. Homeowners would request samples of paint,carpet,tile,wood etc all the time for repairs down the road.
You're trolling of course? Yeah the average person is going to store a couple gal containers of paint, a 5 gal sealed container, and 12 tiles in attic when they have available storage in a garage or shed! Those are powerful moron pills you take ,... What a miserable person you must be to deal with on a regular basis.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:02 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
fwiw, I think you are being a bit of an A** about it. This isn't random crap. Those materials are being kept for maintenance and upkeep of the property you are renting. That's a good thing - the landlord would be able to perform repairs that match the house if needed. How much room could they be taking up in the garage?
Agree.

Some tiles & grout? Seriously?

Old 08-04-2017, 07:09 AM

5,021 posts, read 7,449,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techie19 View Post
it does make sense to have such items handy in case I need to repair a damaged wall or something, anything that would need repairing would have to be requested and repaired by the PM's contractor.

Since I am new to this area and don't want future issues with PM/Owner, it may just be best to leave it as is

Glad you get it.
Most places I've moved into, if not all, rented or purchased, had most of the items you list.
It's for your own good and they don't take up that much space.

Old 08-04-2017, 11:08 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,585,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mph101 View Post
You're trolling of course? Yeah the average person is going to store a couple gal containers of paint, a 5 gal sealed container, and 12 tiles in attic when they have available storage in a garage or shed! Those are powerful moron pills you take ,... What a miserable person you must be to deal with on a regular basis.
One of the first things I installed in our new home was a pull down stairs for our attic. My wife and I are one of the rare people in Florida that uses our garage for our two cars, crazy I know. Most of the stuff we rarely use we set up in the attic for storage. The stuff for our lawns and stuff we use more often goes in our third car garage. IF the OP didn't know what to do with stuff left over by the landlord and didn't want it taking up space, an attic would of been a third option, I would think. I have some carpet scraps and a few boxes of left over wood up in mine. I have no issues using all my space in my house that I have paid for.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:40 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Perhaps you should use this sort of assertiveness w/ your wife who put you up to getting rid of a couple of odds and ends and making a big deal over it. Stand up for yourself, man! Who wears the pants in your family anyway?

Last edited by Sunscape; 08-08-2017 at 02:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay