Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 12:01 AM

119 posts, read 524,718 times

Advertisements

I'mthinking of adding Westhsore to the search. What's the area like? I think it is 33607? I like those water views. Is that area isolated? What is going on over there? The prices are cheaper. Is it safe??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 06:31 AM

1,824 posts, read 8,377,735 times
Westshore area is a very desireable area, south of Kennedy Blvd you have homes from 200k to the Millions, very old to brand new constrcution, lots of mature Trees, winding roads.....to the West of Westshore Blvd are homes on the Bay and Canals...Westshore District is one of the largest Business Centers in the country, has two of the areas nicest and largest malls, the Airport, tons of restaurants, it's a great area. There are many Condos and Townhomes across from Westshore Plaza on Kennedy Blvd and also across from Westshore Plaza on Avenues A and B just north of Kennedy Blvd.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:38 PM

52 posts, read 194,710 times
Well, a friend of mine lives in Westshore. He says the area is lowering in quality and is being overun by undesirables, and is becoming a bit cliche. I'd say look elsewhere. Could save money, and have better people around.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:02 AM

104 posts, read 366,536 times
Default Tampa Bay Urban Living Guide

This weeks Creative Loafing has some good insight into different areas in Tampa Bay. Creative Loafing Tampa | Home

Although I sometime feel old when I read creative loafing, I think they did a good job on identifying some great places

Old 03-29-2008, 08:31 AM

1,824 posts, read 8,377,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggoose9000 View Post
Well, a friend of mine lives in Westshore. He says the area is lowering in quality and is being overun by undesirables, and is becoming a bit cliche. I'd say look elsewhere. Could save money, and have better people around.
I'd like to know where in the Westshore area your friend lives that it is lowering in quality and being overun by "undesirables"?? Just wondering.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:07 PM

52 posts, read 194,710 times
Default I dare not speak its name

i don't want to name names of apartment complexes for legality reasons.

rhymes with dove...as in i dove.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:00 PM

Is the Westshore area recommended or overflowing with "undesirables?" I have heard that it is a collection of apartment and condo developments off a highway with one small shopping area. If this is so, that's just fine. I hear it has nice views and that's important. I would like to know if it's safe and livable.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:46 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,189,971 times
I would suggest you go for a visit on a Sat or Sun and check out the pool area by the office. I met doctors, nurses and many other professionals when I lived there, although a long time ago. Even a buc player lived there for a while.

No matter where you live, there is a possiblities of undesireables moving in. The good news, is they don't normally stay long if they are troublemakers.

A lot of complexes now require you to get renter's insurance. I would recommend you get this ins no matter where you live.

My son lives in New Tampa in a nice apt complex and he said there have been some issues there.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:07 AM

Default Apartments in Westshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggoose9000 View Post
i don't want to name names of apartment complexes for legality reasons.

rhymes with dove...as in i dove.
If you are talking about THE COVE, does anyone know anything about the Cove Apartments? They look great from their website but are poorly reviewed. Has anyone lived there, passed by or heard anything?

Old 04-04-2008, 11:30 AM

105 posts, read 243,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJS1981 View Post
Hello,

My spouse and I are relocating to Tampa in a few months. Although we are not yuppies we desire similar accomodations (new building, stainless steel appliances, etc.) A safe neighborhood with an urban, quasi-urban or at least neighborhood feel is important to us. No tract housing. We will not be able to afford a lot ($1200/mo or less) during the transition but we are small people so we do not need a large space at all (could even be a studio). In short, we're entirely new to Tampa and are seeking any advice or guidance you could offer with our specifications.

Where do the yuppies live in Tampa?

Thank you so much,

BJS

$1200/month!!! your in the Getto baby!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay