U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-04-2008, 03:31 PM
 
Location: East Tennessee
3,927 posts, read 10,582,302 times
Reputation: 5235

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmark View Post
$1200/month!!! your in the Getto baby!
I recently helped a customer lease a 4 bedroom 3 bath home with 2500 square feet at Suncoast Lakes in Land O Lakes for $1250 per month. The community is very near the Suncoast Parkway and the Suncoast Trail. The customer requested this particular location because it's in a quiet location yet convenient enough for his commute. Not the ghetto at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-04-2008, 08:55 PM
 
9 posts, read 35,442 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
I recently helped a customer lease a 4 bedroom 3 bath home with 2500 square feet at Suncoast Lakes in Land O Lakes for $1250 per month. The community is very near the Suncoast Parkway and the Suncoast Trail. The customer requested this particular location because it's in a quiet location yet convenient enough for his commute. Not the ghetto at all.
Yeah, it will cost a zillion dollars in gas to get back into Downtown Tampa plus you have to live in a foreclosure/short sale community. There is a reason why rents are so cheap in Pasco county! Oh and be careful the owner your renting from isn't already in foreclosure, going into foreclosure and just looking to take you deposit and rent checks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2008, 06:56 AM
 
Location: East Tennessee
3,927 posts, read 10,582,302 times
Reputation: 5235
Default Using common sense

In this case, the tenant works just off the Veterans and exit 10 which makes his commute less than 20 minutes (his second vehicle is a motorcycle, too). And he has no need or desire to commute downtown. It's just common sense that anyone working in the bay area should live within reasonable proximity to where they work. We also checked into the mortgage and researched all the the possibilities of foreclosure. There were and still are very few short sales in this community compared to the number of owner occupied homes. Not every community is in dire straits. It's all about advance research and doing due diligence to minimize the negative consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoutrally View Post
Yeah, it will cost a zillion dollars in gas to get back into Downtown Tampa plus you have to live in a foreclosure/short sale community. There is a reason why rents are so cheap in Pasco county! Oh and be careful the owner your renting from isn't already in foreclosure, going into foreclosure and just looking to take you deposit and rent checks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2008, 11:09 PM
 
119 posts, read 491,934 times
Reputation: 37
Default $1200 a month = in ghetto

What??

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmark View Post
$1200/month!!! your in the Getto baby!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2008, 07:09 AM
 
105 posts, read 226,413 times
Reputation: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJS1981 View Post
What??

For that money your either going to be living next to a crack house or a family who don't wear shoes and play the banjo on a rocking chair on the porch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2008, 07:34 AM
 
Location: South Tampa - Bayside West Neighborhood
1,824 posts, read 7,768,342 times
Reputation: 1031
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmark View Post
For that money your either going to be living next to a crack house or a family who don't wear shoes and play the banjo on a rocking chair on the porch.
If you look around, you will see that 1200/month will get you a VERY nice one bedroom no where near where wildmark is insinuating...tbo.com; craigslist tampa; aprartment guide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2008, 08:17 AM
 
13,773 posts, read 34,890,444 times
Reputation: 10600
I agree, if you look around you can find a nice place for 1200/month. You won't be living in Westchase or Avila but in a nice area. I have no idea where wildmark has lived but I have never seen anything like what he is describing in 30 years of living in Tampa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2008, 11:43 AM
 
105 posts, read 226,413 times
Reputation: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJS1981 View Post
Hello,

My spouse and I are relocating to Tampa in a few months. Although we are not yuppies we desire similar accomodations (new building, stainless steel appliances, etc.) A safe neighborhood with an urban, quasi-urban or at least neighborhood feel is important to us. No tract housing. We will not be able to afford a lot ($1200/mo or less) during the transition but we are small people so we do not need a large space at all (could even be a studio). In short, we're entirely new to Tampa and are seeking any advice or guidance you could offer with our specifications.

Where do the yuppies live in Tampa?

Thank you so much,

BJS
Quick question, you say your not yuppies but you want to live with them...I call a chair a chair?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2008, 04:55 PM
 
119 posts, read 491,934 times
Reputation: 37
Default Not Yuppies

First, since when does $1,200 a month not afford a 1br in a nice part of town in any city excluding New York, San Francisco, etc?

We are not yuppies because both involved in salt-of-the-earth, lower-paying professions and do not want for material things, eg. jewelry, SUVs, giant TVs, iphones. We do, however, desire the safety, reliability and general peace and order that can be found in the type of accomodations that would attract a yuppie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2008, 08:23 AM
 
105 posts, read 226,413 times
Reputation: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJS1981 View Post
First, since when does $1,200 a month not afford a 1br in a nice part of town in any city excluding New York, San Francisco, etc?

We are not yuppies because both involved in salt-of-the-earth, lower-paying professions and do not want for material things, eg. jewelry, SUVs, giant TVs, iphones. We do, however, desire the safety, reliability and general peace and order that can be found in the type of accomodations that would attract a yuppie.
The 'Yuppies' died out in the early Ninties!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top