Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 03:35 PM

4,479 posts, read 3,849,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daed4lus View Post
Jackson is gorgeous right now.
Love Jackson!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 04:20 AM

Took a drive last night. Ybor, Hyde Park, Tampa Heights, Downtown Tampa.

Here's what I saw in Downtown Tampa. Street after street devoid of human activity. I have more photos.

Downtown Tampa is STILL DEAD.
Attached Thumbnails
Most luxurious rentals in Tampa (Hyde park / soho)-img_7017.jpg  

Old 08-13-2017, 07:27 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,585,616 times
Quote:
This site is odd in that while there is great information offered by some posters, like Sinatra, others seem to make it their personal crusade to insist that their area of choice is much better than it actually is.
Its a blood sport here, I have said it before. People will bash areas they don't live, so they can feel better about where they do live. I would listen to the people that actually live in an area you are looking at before hearing the noise from the outsiders. I will talk about traffic in other areas because I drive in it daily. Living in an area is another matter.

Old 08-13-2017, 04:40 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,019,803 times
Quote:
Hello,

I'm a single early 30s male stuck in the burbs looking to move to the Hyde Park / Soho vicinity ASAP. I've been fortunate and would like to live in a luxurious bachelor pad. I'm struggling to find that kind of thing in Tampa. I would be willing to pay something like $3000 per month.
I needa get me a job where you work.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:44 AM

21 posts, read 30,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concert D Major View Post
I needa get me a job where you work.
Business owner

Old 08-14-2017, 08:52 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,578,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Took a drive last night. Ybor, Hyde Park, Tampa Heights, Downtown Tampa.

Here's what I saw in Downtown Tampa. Street after street devoid of human activity. I have more photos.

Downtown Tampa is STILL DEAD.
I have to agree. My wife and I moved to palm harbor 8 months ago. For the first month we decided to explore and took a drive to downtown Tampa one sat afternoon. We could not believe how dead it was.

When you think "downtown" you vision people, restaurants and typical down town activity. Downtown Tampa had none of that.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:46 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
When you think "downtown" you vision people, restaurants and typical down town activity. Downtown Tampa had none of that.
When you say "downtown," you don't typically have an Ybor City literally within walking distance of it.

That said, Downtown has some cool stuff going on. Unfortunately, some of the lesser intelligent people think it's either as busy as New York (which is a pretty stupid comparison seeing as most cities aren't that busy) or "dead."

Old 08-15-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
When you say "downtown," you don't typically have an Ybor City literally within walking distance of it.

That said, Downtown has some cool stuff going on. Unfortunately, some of the lesser intelligent people think it's either as busy as New York (which is a pretty stupid comparison seeing as most cities aren't that busy) or "dead."
Nobody is stupid enough to think that downtown Tampa will ever have the bustle of NYC, Chicago, or even Miami.

But having just a little smidge of bustle would be nice. Just a smidge.

Like say, something along the lines of the bustle of downtown St. Pete. Having at least that in downtown Tampa would be nice.

Instead we have this. This is as much bustle as Franklin Street in Downtown Tampa manages on a Saturday night.
Attached Thumbnails
Most luxurious rentals in Tampa (Hyde park / soho)-img_7018.jpg  

Old 08-15-2017, 06:39 PM

238 posts, read 576,314 times
Wow...that is pretty dead...I guess then if you want a lively downtown in the tampa bay area (both day and evening) it would have it to be St. Petersburg's downtown then?
On the east coast side, i would suspect that downtown West Palm Beach would even be far more lively than downtown tampa at night...

Old 08-15-2017, 07:44 PM

3 posts, read 2,337 times
always busy and bustling closer to harbour island, jacksons, (american social opening soon), the sail pavilion bar is always active right on the riverwalk, trolley stop right there to ybor and back, i see people out and about all the time in that area, not dead at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay