Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 11:17 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,287,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSota14 View Post
Right its about how easy or hard is it going to be to secure a job, even a decent lower paying one with more hours, the ability to make friendships. This sort of thing factors in even more I think. Come to think of it though, FL is in the right spot to fail and St Pete where I am sure seems like the perfect city to be cursed and go through a boom cycle only to have the balloon burst again at some point. This city will see an exodus. Tampa isn't that great either but I'd say it does better out of the 2.
I can tell you coming from NJ where there is and has been a Major Exodus, and they are all going to Florida and the South most of them Tampa Area, St Pete Clearwater I highly doubt there will be an Exodus there...

People move out of Florida all the time for different reasons and for as many leave, as Many like my family and I move there...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2017, 12:04 AM

226 posts, read 147,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Your post is a bit like a half-naked Amazonian tribe being discovered for the first time and waving their bows and arrows at the helicopter.
Florida was built by transplants from other parts of the US and the rest of the world and much of today's population could probably trace their lineage back to them.
Those so-called Northerners and many other people who move to the state also bring with them skills,investment and dollars to spend.
And those old times when Florida was a better place before all the drifters and dreamers started moving here ? It was a swamp.
The day people stop moving to Florida is the day Florida should start getting worried.

How many years have you lived in Fl?

Old 09-17-2017, 12:18 AM

Quote:
I don't like your smart a55 answer to me for starters. I did not come here to be a "carpetbagger". I may have been somewhat a drifter but I try my best to be a good living person. I ran into other scumbags though and its just not worth living here anymore for me. I was one of the good ones and after I go guess what, you're going to still have much worse problem people than I ever could be. But no, I am not no carpetbagger, I am not a scammer or someone who thought FL would solve all my problems. I moved here a bit more easy because my stepdad was here at the time. I moved all around TB including South Sarasota being the furthest I went. Theres crap jobs in this state period or theres no jobs. Its ridiculous really how people literally try and make this a long term living place, even you rather than make it strictly a vacation place. NEVER AGAIN. When I leave I plan never to return. I'll find some other "retirement" locale like Rocky Point or something WHEN IM 64. I'm going back to MA and staying this time.

Adios mi amigo! Tell your friends how bad it is so they don't get the the harebrained idea to come down seeking fortune and fame. If that exodus happens our world here would be a better place. With a 3.9% unemployment rate in Central Florida a lack of jobs just isn't a problem.

Before you tell me about the low wages, consider this. Florida | 2016/17 Average Salary Survey

Old 09-17-2017, 01:28 AM

461 posts, read 549,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny the Mutt View Post
Adios mi amigo! Tell your friends how bad it is so they don't get the the harebrained idea to come down seeking fortune and fame. If that exodus happens our world here would be a better place. With a 3.9% unemployment rate in Central Florida a lack of jobs just isn't a problem.

Before you tell me about the low wages, consider this. Florida | 2016/17 Average Salary Survey
You're unbelievable. I bet you aren't even a FL native you yuppie. I don't like yuppies like you who think they're self important. They're a big problem in itself just like the drug dealers and bums. I am lower white working class and none of you hold the cross for me. I am a true believer. Again, there is a lack of jobs ALL OVER the area. Maybe Manatee County is somehow bringing more but most of the area does not.

Old 09-17-2017, 01:35 AM

4,091 posts, read 5,974,275 times
Quote:
Again, there is a lack of jobs ALL OVER the area. Maybe Manatee County is somehow bringing more but most of the area does not.
https://patch.com/florida/southtampa...best-jobs-2016

Old 09-17-2017, 02:56 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,481,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny the Mutt View Post
How many years have you lived in Fl?
Why do you ask ?

Old 09-17-2017, 12:32 PM

490 posts, read 578,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher23 View Post
Exactly! I keep telling people this. The ones we have to be most concerned with are the ones that come from the Gulf, but even those are not as strong as a CAT 5.
Except for katrina, Ivan, Wilma, Rita, Opal and a host of other strong cat 4 and 5 hurricanes. You must not have heard of a gal called Camille? I bet those that survived the 1900 cat 5 in Galveston would set you straight on what can sneak in off the Gulf.

Land falling cat 4 or 5 hurricanes are relatively rare so far. But it is simply wrong to underestimate the energy and storm potential of the gulf of Mexico. It is a powerhouse in the Atlantic basin.

Old 09-17-2017, 02:58 PM

Quote:
You're unbelievable. I bet you aren't even a FL native you yuppie. I don't like yuppies like you who think they're self important. They're a big problem in itself just like the drug dealers and bums. I am lower white working class and none of you hold the cross for me. I am a true believer. Again, there is a lack of jobs ALL OVER the area. Maybe Manatee County is somehow bringing more but most of the area does not.
You aren't a good guesser. I was born in 1955 in Milton, FL where I spent the first 30 years of my life.

Old 09-17-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Why do you ask ?

The way you described FL tells me you got here within the past 12 years.

Old 09-17-2017, 04:05 PM

7,114 posts, read 8,598,569 times
If all you Florida natives don't acknowledge how northern transplants/tourists have improved the Florida economy you are just being willfully ignorant...coming from Queens NY. try to deal with an influx of non-english speaking Asians...you don't realize how lucky you have it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay