U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 10:33 AM

849 posts, read 3,267,572 times

Advertisements

there is an Indian mkt. on N 56th in TT. I'm sure there are others. There's even a Persian mkt. "The Caspian Market" on Waters bet. Armenia and I think Florida. Really cool.
Check the Yellow Pages for "Asian Grocers."
Can't help on restaurants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faina00 View Post
I completely agree with vdecapio..

I was just wondering where the good Indian, Thai, Korean, Vietnamese restaurants are in Tampa?! Are they located all over town or on Armenia as was mentioned before? It's great that everyone is answering about the Hispanic areas, but hopefully thats not the only ethnic areas/businesses/restaurants around!
My family couldn't live without ethnic cuisine nearby- not just restaurants but little markets too, I wonder if there are Indian or Asian grocers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 01:44 PM

3,927 posts, read 10,585,274 times
I've eaten many times at Sukhothai Restaurant on Dale Mabry (near Waters Ave). Sorry, I don't know the correct name for it, but the ground pork in fresh cabbage leaves is awesome!

Old 03-17-2008, 01:47 PM

1,824 posts, read 7,769,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faina00 View Post

I was just wondering where the good Indian, Thai, Korean, Vietnamese restaurants are in Tampa?! Are they located all over town or on Armenia as was mentioned before? It's great that everyone is answering about the Hispanic areas, but hopefully thats not the only ethnic areas/businesses/restaurants around!
My family couldn't live without ethnic cuisine nearby- not just restaurants but little markets too, I wonder if there are Indian or Asian grocers?
Asians are sporadic throughout Tampa and make up a very very tiny percentage, but there is a large Asian supermarket, The Oceanic Market, in downtown Tampa, some great Chinese places include Yummy House on Waters Ave near Armenia Ave, and China Yuan on Armenia Ave just north of Waters Avenue. There are a few good Korean places, my fav being Sa Ri One on Cypress Avenue in the Westshore district. My Thai place is Royal Palace on Howard Avenue in Hyde Park, and THai Corner downtown next to Tampa Theater. There is a great area on Fowler Avenue and 30th street that has an excellent Indian restaurant and Vietnamese place.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:33 PM

15,763 posts, read 32,841,333 times
My favorite Thai place is Jasmine Thai on North Dale Mabry in Carrollwood. mmmmm - mmmmmm!

Old 11-19-2008, 01:39 AM

16,010 posts, read 37,669,363 times
I read that Pinellas County is attracting Asians....

True? Although I drove through that area, and it still seemed very black or white with very few Asians.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:47 PM

2,602 posts, read 7,441,845 times
Tampa doesn't really have an Asian or Indian "district." As mentioned before, you can find their respective grocery stores and restaurants, but they're all scattered around.

I didn't know that about Pinellas. With the exception of South St. Pete, it's always seemed pretty white.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:21 AM

11 posts, read 31,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post

Hello....theres a great asian market (great seafood) right outside downtown tampa near the salvation army building. Its actually a huge grocery store, seafood market, and restuarant all in one...they have good peking duck too!

Old 07-15-2009, 12:22 AM

16 posts, read 47,550 times
resurrecting an old topic here,... but someone may stumble across it.

The Asian section of Tampa is south Tampa, it's a Mixture but it's primarily Vietnamese. While it's true Tampa doesn't have a large asian population, it is no where near Tiny, it actually has one of the largest Vietnamese populations of any city in the south.

The Town N Country area of Tampa is Primarily Puerto Rican, although it also has the largest Korean Population in the city.

If you go down waters you can find several Brazilian places, from places to eat to Soccer shops.

Armenia ave is Colombian.

there are quite a few Central American establishments in the Tampa Heights area between N. Blvd and Rome.

Jamaican and Haitian restaurants will mostly be found in East Tampa, there is also a large Jamaican population in S. St. pete.

Although there are pockets, for the most part everything is scattered, an Ethiopian cafe can be right next to a Thai Restaurant ect.

but rest assured you can find anything from basically anywhere in this city.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:24 AM

428 posts, read 1,354,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I read that Pinellas County is attracting Asians....

True? Although I drove through that area, and it still seemed very black or white with very few Asians.
'
St. Pete/Pinellas has a Vietnamese population centered in north St. Pete/Pinellas Park- there are a cluster of restaurants and shops along and to the sides of US19 around 62nd ave N.

{Pinellas also has the best CHinese place in the Tampa Bay area IMO- ABC Seafood.

There are a lot of Bosnians and Serbs in Northeast St. Pete with some ethnic markets up on 4th St N.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:26 AM

16,010 posts, read 37,669,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanBread View Post
resurrecting an old topic here,... but someone may stumble across it.

The Asian section of Tampa is south Tampa, it's a Mixture but it's primarily Vietnamese. While it's true Tampa doesn't have a large asian population, it is no where near Tiny, it actually has one of the largest Vietnamese populations of any city in the south.

The Town N Country area of Tampa is Primarily Puerto Rican, although it also has the largest Korean Population in the city.

If you go down waters you can find several Brazilian places, from places to eat to Soccer shops.

Armenia ave is Colombian.

there are quite a few Central American establishments in the Tampa Heights area between N. Blvd and Rome.

Jamaican and Haitian restaurants will mostly be found in East Tampa, there is also a large Jamaican population in S. St. pete.

Although there are pockets, for the most part everything is scattered, an Ethiopian cafe can be right next to a Thai Restaurant ect.

but rest assured you can find anything from basically anywhere in this city.
Brazilian. What does that mean if you go down waters?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or