Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 07:11 AM

350 posts, read 333,560 times

Advertisements

Beats 20 below wind chill, days and days of dreary weather, slick roads, snow....moved here 10 years ago from southern Indiana....I LOVE TAMPA!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2017, 02:21 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,166,252 times
Days and days of dark dreary weather. Limited sun and darkness at 4 pm. Tough winter in the northeast.

Old 11-05-2017, 05:29 AM

776 posts, read 1,063,568 times
That was our biggest complaint of MN. weather... not just the cold, but what it brought. Dark skies for long periods of time, chilling temps, unsafe road conditions, etc. No more shoveling, scraping windows, jumps-starting cars, Tampa has been a great fix. its a " to each their own" thing. The things I don't like about Tampa may be of no concern to others and the things I enjoy more about the Carolinas may be of no interest to some. Fact is, if weather is your driving factor you just need to ask yourself if you enjoy seasons, The carolinas will provide obvious seasonal changes, but overall you will experience similar weather in Tampa as most of the Carolinas.

Old 11-05-2017, 05:36 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
Florida has 4 seasons. Snowbird, spring break, beach bunny and football.

Folks way up nawth remember: you don't have to shovel heat.

I have lived here a total of 30 years, I will not be leaving.
3 or 4 weeks of shoveling over 6 months of that ball of pain beating on me...NO BRAINER.

Old 11-05-2017, 02:30 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,522,132 times
Our permanent home is in NC (outside of Charlotte) and we are very, VERY familiar with Central FL. It is extremely subjective as to if a climate is desirable or not. Me personally, I love Charlotte's 4-season climate AND Tampa's tropical climate. I like the differences. In Tampa, it's hot, sunny, humid with afternoon thunderstorms in the summer. Winters are awesome and comfortable. Falls/Springs, great. I could live in either and be happy. I know I'm in the minority, but I could live in either and be happy.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:46 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,579,715 times
I moved down here a year ago from NYC and I prefer the 4 seasons of the northeast. Some people hate snow. I enjoy it. My wife and I would travel up to Vermont or Montreal Canada a few times during the winter season and go skiing/snowmobiling. We’d rent a cabin and enjoy the beauty of winter snow.

Here in Tampa you have 2 seasons. Hot and hotter! I don’t mind heat, but when you’re pretty much forced to be inside during the summer months for any type of cooling/relief because the ocean water is 90 degrees and your pool feels like you’re in a big bowl of soup, it can become quite annoying.

I’ll give it another 6-8 months before I figure out if I want to move back or not.

Old 11-07-2017, 04:27 PM

30,436 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I moved down here a year ago from NYC and I prefer the 4 seasons of the northeast. Some people hate snow. I enjoy it. My wife and I would travel up to Vermont or Montreal Canada a few times during the winter season and go skiing/snowmobiling. We’d rent a cabin and enjoy the beauty of winter snow.

Here in Tampa you have 2 seasons. Hot and hotter! I don’t mind heat, but when you’re pretty much forced to be inside during the summer months for any type of cooling/relief because the ocean water is 90 degrees and your pool feels like you’re in a big bowl of soup, it can become quite annoying.

I’ll give it another 6-8 months before I figure out if I want to move back or not.
Just gonna keep getting hotter here and for longer as the years go by. Just the last 3 years should tell everyone something is very wrong.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:30 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,166,252 times
Quote:

Old 11-08-2017, 03:15 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,228,646 times
Quote:

I hear ya. Been spending time in Maine during the fall and winter months to see if the snow/cold is as bad as everyone says and if I could handle a relocation there. I've found that I actually enjoy the cold. It's amazing how active people are with winter sports.

Old 11-09-2017, 11:18 AM

1,277 posts, read 1,090,972 times
Tampa Bay article today > Florida has had six warm winters in a row, and in all likelihood, it’s about to get its seventh.

What does La Niña mean for Florida? Another warm, dry winter.

Get ready for more pool and beach days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay