Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2017, 10:22 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,200,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Defending Free Speech, even for misguided Americans like yourself who'll strip First Amendment Rights away from people who don't share your beliefs.
Couldn't rep ya more. Need to spread. Thank you for your service and I know many vets who feel exactly like you.

I am flabbergasted by some of these people thinking. If people are not allowed to silently protest, how else can they do? Go out in the street smashing car windows? A lot of people who are bitching and whining here are actually eating their hot dogs and chatting during the anthem and they have the nerve to denigrate those who respectfully protesting?

Old 10-07-2017, 10:37 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,010,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaticus View Post
If people are not allowed to silently protest, how else can they do?
Trevor Noah (Daily Show) brought up this point. Regardless of how certain groups in this country protest, it's seen as disrespectful. Certain groups are essentially told to sit down, shut up, and be grateful to be allowed to be here.

Old 10-07-2017, 11:59 AM

73 posts, read 64,934 times
Quote:
I'll fight for their right to protest, even if I don't agree w/ it. And that goes for 7-yr olds who kneel.

First Amendment Rights. Again. Think I've posted that a lot in this thread.

Would you support 7 year old kids coming to school chanting "Fuc the principal"?
No disrespect involved - of course.

Protected free speech. Right?

Old 10-07-2017, 01:52 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,583,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynex View Post
Would you support 7 year old kids coming to school chanting "Fuc the principal"?
No disrespect involved - of course.

Protected free speech. Right?
Correct but it must be a silent protest as well.

Old 10-07-2017, 01:56 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
Once again you talk about rights and nobody is talking about taking away rights. They can protest all they want 24/7...I fully support them for there right to protest. To disrespect our flag and country offends and upset millions of Americans but I guess that part you apparently are blind to. They can protest any time before or after the pledge of allegiance just not during it. That my friend is the issue but apparently you skew what the issue is and want to talk about protest and rights being taken away. Show me where I say I want to take away their rights to protest? thought so.
I agree with the first half of what you post...but I think any protest should be done on their own time...not while they are working...these athletes absolutely have the right to protest but not on company time...I come from a long line of people who served our country and appreciate their sacrifices...I know the great country we live in largely rests on their shoulders...but no group no matter how honorable they may be gets to dictate when it is permissible to disrespect our national anthem/flag...it never is under any circumstance.

Old 10-07-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Ok, then the seven year-olds can just give the principal the finger. No disrespect, of course.

Last edited by Reynex; 10-07-2017 at 02:27 PM..

Old 10-07-2017, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynex View Post
Ok, then just give the principal the finger. No disrespect, of course.
Protected Free speech. Right?

Old 10-07-2017, 03:07 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,177,253 times
Quote:
I did a lot of silent protesting when I was a kid. My parents weren't big on free speech. Neither were the teachers where I went to school.

There are a lot of people who clearly don't appreciate free speech. Just try making a nasty comment about someone in public and you're likely to get a knuckle sandwich.

Old 10-07-2017, 03:12 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times
Quote:
Holy Cow! That's a lot of gobbledygook that you shared there.

What do yo mean "what did the anthem and flag do to me?

.....did you even visit the link?

And clearly you don't know why some Americans feel a need to silently protest. You should feel fortunate.

The Rights of Americans to free speech/protest (First Amendment) trumps all other rights, imo.

Horsefeathers !! Don't let the door hit you ..............

Old 10-07-2017, 03:17 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaticus View Post
Couldn't rep ya more. Need to spread. Thank you for your service and I know many vets who feel exactly like you.

I am flabbergasted by some of these people thinking. If people are not allowed to silently protest, how else can they do? Go out in the street smashing car windows? A lot of people who are bitching and whining here are actually eating their hot dogs and chatting during the anthem and they have the nerve to denigrate those who respectfully protesting?

Pray tell: where does the 'respect' come in ???? NOT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay