Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 04:17 PM

1 posts, read 768 times

Advertisements

This is very interesting insite Coach... However, can you recommend any outskirts area? I live in Ohio and planning to live on the outskirts of Pa... I'm don't want to be far from Ohio but also near of Pittsburgh. I'm graduating from Nursing school and would like to work in a hospital. Also looking for a great school area for my kids they are in Junior High. Any information could be great to start with. What county do you recommend..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 06:23 PM

184 posts, read 248,611 times
I live in Akron and i'm moving to St. Pete's around August so I can relate with you. I can not wait. I've lived here all my life. I'm single, no kids, 32, and if I don't do it now I never will. I have a good job but i'm willing to make less just to leave this hole. I hate snow with a passion and this area is so depressing. I actually like humidity and hot weather. My body just feels better overall compared to dry heat, which I don't handle well. I know a few people that moved to the area a couple years ago and they said it was the best decision they ever made.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:13 PM

24 posts, read 52,846 times
The 'Burg' is not the smokey city it used to be. Far from it. Many call it America's most liveable city. And PNC Park is one of, if not the best in baseball. Now if the Pirates could only have a good team to go with it.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:20 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,223,411 times
Pittsburgh is on my short list for retirement locations.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:23 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times
[quote= Clearwater is good. Clearwater is bad. St. Pete is good. St. Pete is bad. Just plain stay away from Tampa. How can you figure out the truth?[/quote]

Just look at the posting history of the poster in question. If you see the same poster constantly finding negatives with everything and everywhere you can adjust the value of the information accordingly.

Old 05-03-2014, 02:39 AM

26 posts, read 28,607 times
Would you guys say the Pittsburgh population and pace of life is closer to that of Tampa/St Pete or Ft Lauderdale? I usually hear east FL is like the NE while west FL is like the midwest but I'm not sure where Pittsburgh falls in that continuum. I went to school in Pittsburgh but also lived in Philly/DC and I really liked the people and pace in Pittsburgh so I'm curious which cities' personalities in Florida match that of Pittsburgh as I'm trying to pick between St Pete and Ft Lauderdale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay