Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 10:01 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,584,244 times

Advertisements

This is my favorite part of the article:

"A kid was in danger and could have seriously been hurt," he said. "It's a liability and safety issue. After the incident, I thought, this can't happen again."
He cited the restaurant patio's unfettered access to the traffic on nearby Nebraska, with unsavory elements lurking in adjacent hotels. When you mix alcohol, dogs and kids, it's not always going to end well, he said.

You can't make this stuff up, serial killers, drugs, alcohol, combined with neighborhood unsavory elements!

Tampa pizza restaurant Hampton Station banned kids, and some parents are not happy | tbo.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 10:33 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,180,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post

"A kid was in danger and could have seriously been hurt," he said. "It's a liability and safety issue. After the incident, I thought, this can't happen again."
He cited the restaurant patio's unfettered access to the traffic on nearby Nebraska, with unsavory elements lurking in adjacent hotels. When you mix alcohol, dogs and kids, it's not always going to end well, he said.

You can't make this stuff up, serial killers, drugs, alcohol, combined with neighborhood unsavory elements!

Tampa pizza restaurant Hampton Station banned kids, and some parents are not happy | tbo.com

I don't see the problem. Why would the parents complain? After all, it's "For The Children!" "If it saves the life of just ONE child!" /sarc

Old 11-01-2017, 12:51 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,584,244 times
The Restaurant has an open patio to Nebraska according to the report. That road is heavily traveled and the Motels along the strip are not 5 stars, 4 or 3. Its quite a liability issue if the kids are not supervised where they might wander off into a busy street, meet up with the local serial killer or pedophile. Its never an issue with some parents till something bad happens.

Old 11-01-2017, 01:54 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Crying or undisciplined kids spoil it for the entire restaurant. Have had more than one get-togethers spoiled because parents don't know how to keep them in check. Take them to CiCi or Chuckee Cheeses, for chrissakes.

Old 11-01-2017, 02:07 PM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
Next time I'm in Tampa I'll be sure to go there. Wish more restaurants would do this.

Old 11-01-2017, 05:38 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,012,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Next time I'm in Tampa I'll be sure to go there. Wish more restaurants would do this.
You'll be severely disappointed. Their food sucks, their service sucks... This is their last ditch effort for publicity.

Old 11-01-2017, 05:46 PM

30,431 posts, read 21,241,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post

My kind of place to eat pete. I can do without kids.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:28 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,012,286 times
I must admit, though... It is humorous how Hampton Terrace isn't part of Seminole Heights when it's positive news. They really need to make up their mind over there.

Old 11-02-2017, 07:29 PM

149 posts, read 145,210 times
I for one am for less kids in public. This sounds like a great idea.

Old 11-02-2017, 09:49 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,574,109 times
All we need now is child free flights. I will absolutely pay extra to be able to take a flight without a screaming crying baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: