Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 10:57 AM

5,977 posts, read 7,365,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boh42 View Post
Hm. I was going to post a thread asking about racism in Tampa, but this thread has made that completely unnecessary...so thanks for that, I guess.

Between the people in here complaining about immigrants and Blacks and the appropriately-Aryan-fetishist-named guy insisting that minorities ruin cities, I guess my parents were right about FL...
I don't know about that....

Where I'm from in Indiana is still pretty racist and narrow minded. If you stick to the metropolitan areas you won't see it, and I think that's true in both places. Get out into rural Polk County (FL) or Hendricks County (IN) and all bets are off.

RM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2018, 07:23 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,686,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
I don't know about that....

Where I'm from in Indiana is still pretty racist and narrow minded. If you stick to the metropolitan areas you won't see it, and I think that's true in both places. Get out into rural Polk County (FL) or Hendricks County (IN) and all bets are off.

RM
Well, it doesn't help Tampa's cause when you see the massive confederate flag flying over as one approaches the city on the interstate...

That thing is an embarrassment for the entire city. Like, I would be humiliated if I had to bring guests to my city and they saw that.

Old 01-02-2018, 07:34 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,010,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Well, it doesn't help Tampa's cause when you see the massive confederate flag flying over as one approaches the city on the interstate...
1) Tampa's not responsible for what the suburbs do.
2) An intelligent person knows that that's not actually "the" confederate flag. Actually, it's use was so incredibly narrow, I'm surprised anyone recognized it in the first place.

Old 01-02-2018, 12:47 PM

5,977 posts, read 7,365,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
1) Tampa's not responsible for what the suburbs do.
2) An intelligent person knows that that's not actually "the" confederate flag. Actually, it's use was so incredibly narrow, I'm surprised anyone recognized it in the first place.
Agreed.

And while I might not necessarily agree with what’s going on there, I would suggest that people check it out themselves before they criticize. The memorial plaques at the location, which were paid for with private money, honor a very diverse group of Floridians who fought in the Civil War.

RM

Old 01-02-2018, 01:06 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
I looked at the stats within the City Data site and the numbers of Latino's do not seem to high. What was it 24%? You have 44% white living in the area, much higher than we have where I am in California. Hispanic, mostly of Mexican descent where I am is 72%. Not that it is a problem for me, I married into it. LOL

Prefer the Latin vibe to any other. My wife and I love to dance. Any awesome dance clubs in Tampa? To explain, something along the lines of Rain Nightclub in Studio City, California. https://www.clubrain818.com/

Your humidity is what would keep me from wanting to move. Anything over 60% is killer for me.

Someone mentioned the water temp being in the 60's. That is awesome. The ocean over here is in the 50's most of the year and I would love if it was in the 60's. As it is we need a wet suit to play in the water around here.

Other than that, I would love to see what a home would go for, say something in the 1,800 square feet range, single family home, 4 bedroom, 2 or more bath, with a 2 car garage sitting on a minimum of a 6,000 square foot lot.

By the way, I don't think a city that has as many residents as Tampa should ever be considered a back water town.

Old 01-02-2018, 01:18 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,200,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I looked at the stats within the City Data site and the numbers of Latino's do not seem to high. What was it 24%? You have 44% white living in the area, much higher than we have where I am in California. Hispanic, mostly of Mexican descent where I am is 72%. Not that it is a problem for me, I married into it. LOL

Prefer the Latin vibe to any other. My wife and I love to dance. Any awesome dance clubs in Tampa? To explain, something along the lines of Rain Nightclub in Studio City, California. https://www.clubrain818.com/

Your humidity is what would keep me from wanting to move. Anything over 60% is killer for me.

Someone mentioned the water temp being in the 60's. That is awesome. The ocean over here is in the 50's most of the year and I would love if it was in the 60's. As it is we need a wet suit to play in the water around here.

Other than that, I would love to see what a home would go for, say something in the 1,800 square feet range, single family home, 4 bedroom, 2 or more bath, with a 2 car garage sitting on a minimum of a 6,000 square foot lot.

By the way, I don't think a city that has as many residents as Tampa should ever be considered a back water town.
200K to 300K depending on neighborhood is my educated guess.

Old 01-02-2018, 01:43 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boh42 View Post
Hm. I was going to post a thread asking about racism in Tampa, but this thread has made that completely unnecessary...so thanks for that, I guess.

Between the people in here complaining about immigrants and Blacks and the appropriately-Aryan-fetishist-named guy insisting that minorities ruin cities, I guess my parents were right about FL...
We're not terrible far from MAGA red hatters in bordering states, so shouldn't surprise anyone that some of those ignoramuses would migrate to our beautiful area. But we aren't all that way (red neck racists).

Old 01-02-2018, 08:31 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,010,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
It is, by absolutely no means, a typical "club." It's incredibly small, very narrow, but they have some killer Cuban music and there are people dancing there all the time. I believe it's known simply as "The Mojito Bar" in Ybor City. That's not the official name, but if you ask around, someone should be able to point you in the right direction.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:30 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,583,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
We're not terrible far from MAGA red hatters in bordering states, so shouldn't surprise anyone that some of those ignoramuses would migrate to our beautiful area. But we aren't all that way (red neck racists).
Who says you can't make every thread a political hate thread? Congrats Mr Front runner!

Old 01-03-2018, 10:17 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaticus View Post
200K to 300K depending on neighborhood is my educated guess.
Wow is all I can say. We own a home that was built in 1962. It is 1670 square feet, 4 bedroom, 2 and a half bath, with a small laundry room, and an attached 2 car garage, on a 6,000 square foot lot. We live maybe 3 miles from the beach. Most of the homes are similar in our neighborhood and they are in the $550,000 range currently.

What would you get for $200K to $300K?

Do you need AC or heating? We don't have an AC and have not used the furnace in over 4 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay