Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 01:18 PM

4,479 posts, read 3,848,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammocks Bum View Post
In the Tampa Bay Area...Gimme Honeymoon Island RIGHT NOW !!!! Sanibel and the Lake Discharge is easily 150 mls South of Here.
The lake discharge is not the only discharge. Gulf beaches all turn brown with toxic runoff after heavy rain.
Honeymoon Island is further at least, not sure how much runoff it gets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2018, 02:19 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFiNerd1 View Post
Tampa Bay Area has many beaches that are perhaps one of the best in Florida all the way from Caladesi to Siesta Key.

I’m thinking about visiting this summer for possible relocation and swimming.

I prefer sandy white beaches that are clean with less seaweeds. Which beach do you recommend and why? Please feel free to list more than just one starting with your favorite one.
By reading the responses from the locals id avoid Tampa Bay area beaches all together as it seems the beaches are covered in toxic sludge and sewage waste. ,

Old 06-07-2018, 03:28 AM

1,790 posts, read 1,413,745 times
I am visitimg Mom in W Largo n IRB Is fine. Was there yesterday am b4 the rains came and it’s great as ever.

Old 06-07-2018, 05:28 AM

1,790 posts, read 1,413,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammocks Bum View Post
I am visitimg Mom in W Largo n IRB Is fine. Was there yesterday am b4 the rains came and it’s great as ever.
Just in case IRB stands for Indian Rocks Beach....I live in SW MIami and NEVER use the beaches there, too far, too crowded, Parking is a bear and I rather be caught in the Gulf between Marco Island and Honey Moon Island anytime the word BEACH come to mind.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:05 PM

91 posts, read 131,969 times
Sand Key. Same beach (or sewage if you're cynical) as Clearwater, but less crowded, more parking, larger.
Fort De Soto.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:12 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,510,660 times
St Pete Beach.
Great sand,great beach bars,lots of babes.
What more do you need ?

Old 07-25-2018, 08:14 AM

428 posts, read 416,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFiNerd1 View Post

Which beaches do you highly recommend in Florida that are not on the Gulf side?

We used to live in Boca Raton... Beaches here do not compare to So FL beaches, so manage your expectations when on the gulf. Anna Maria Island is OK sometimes over here. Personal opinion is that Atlantic beaches are much better, and if you want warm, clear water then the best of it is south of Martin Co.

Old 08-25-2019, 12:24 PM

70 posts, read 60,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Here's some of the Lake Okeechobee diarrhea polluting the gulf near Sanibel (and causing bird deformities).

Deformed Birds Could Indicate A Polluted Gulf | WGCU News
I realize this is old but just seeing this now. Once again you are claiming one event and showing another. The pictures of the beaches you posted is after the opening of dams allowing heavily polluted Lake Okeechobee water to empty into the gulf and atlantic (severe eutrophication of the lake courtesy of republican cucks to the big sugar industry).

That =/= normal summer rain runoff. Stop lying to people

Old 08-25-2019, 01:10 PM

30,430 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
By reading the responses from the locals id avoid Tampa Bay area beaches all together as it seems the beaches are covered in toxic sludge and sewage waste. ,
With a rapid warming planet the waters will just get worst as the planet burns away.

Old 09-02-2019, 03:25 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,009,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcharas View Post
We used to live in Boca Raton... Beaches here do not compare to So FL beaches, so manage your expectations when on the gulf. Anna Maria Island is OK sometimes over here. Personal opinion is that Atlantic beaches are much better, and if you want warm, clear water then the best of it is south of Martin Co.
I don't like the current/riptides that I've experienced on the Atlantic beaches, so I disagree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay