U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 07:18 AM

1,832 posts, read 4,699,600 times

Advertisements

I actually need to advertise my house for rent, and I wondered where anyone here found houses they wanted to rent--whether that be online, in the paper, etc. I have it on craigslist (seems like a really weird search there) and tamparent.com.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 09:21 AM

26,798 posts, read 41,504,854 times
move.com, smarthomerentals.com

Old 03-26-2008, 10:41 AM

792 posts, read 2,090,676 times
The newspaper classifieds is always a good bet.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:06 PM

471 posts, read 1,543,963 times
We found our house(rental) on craigslist.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:23 PM

38 posts, read 115,552 times
We did our searching on the following websites:

tampabay.com (St. Petersburg Times' website)
craigslist.com
realtor.com
theflyer.com

We found our house rental on Craigslist.

Make sure you post photos, the more the better!

Old 03-26-2008, 08:47 PM

11 posts, read 25,620 times
Default get it rented

Also try rent.com. This is an ebay company and alot of people moving from out of state will probably hit that site.

We have had the best luck finding places on craigslist. We are a couple months away from our move and selecting a place but are doing alot of research right now. That seems to be the best place to find the best value and from a renters perspective, be able to negotiate.

Another suggestion, if your community allows it, is to just put signs up on street corners in your neighborhood early on Saturday mornings. Drive-by traffic will draw interest.

You have to market the hell out of it... there is alot of competition and alot of crappy houses out there. Make sure yours is staged very well like you were actually selling it. Especially if you are above the $1500 price point. Remember that more importantly then staging for selling... you are trying to attract the highest caliber renter possible. Don't make them settle for projects that you didn't get around to... you may end up settling with a lower caliber renter then you want to.

Sorry to go off on a soap box but it amazes me what people are actually trying to rent out there.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:46 PM

1,832 posts, read 4,699,600 times
Thank you, everyone! I've put it on all those sites (except Rent.com, which wouldn't let me list it there as I only have the one property).

Sandandwater, you're right--people don't always have houses looking shipshape. I had a couple of realtors look mine over and they said it shows great--and the house is only 3 years old and everything is working and there aren't any unsightly problems or anything. So hopefully we will get a nice, friendly person or family to rent My neighbors sure would love that!

Old 03-27-2008, 08:16 PM

13,772 posts, read 35,119,926 times
You can post it in the classifed section of City-Data..

You can also send a DM to anyone looking for a house to rent here, you just can not post it on the City forum

Old 03-28-2008, 01:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,803 times
Talking wanting to rent nice home

Hi Annesg so glad you asked your question. My husband & I are moving at the end of April. He is retiring from the Army after twenty long years. We have been looking in Rent.com for a home. We have found nothing just apartments. I have now added all these new sites to my search list & we are going to find something I am sure. We need a 3 bdrm that excepts pets we have two old dogs that we love like children & they act like them too. We are just wanting a descent home to rent that is in a nice neighborhood. My daughter lives in Seminole so I would like to be close to her but, we do not have to be down the street. Thanks everyone for all your help in different areas to search.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:08 PM

6 posts, read 20,534 times
Try The Apartment Finder Magazine,the local newspaper ,the unemployment office,post ads at the local supermarket andshops,etc. Word of mouth works well also.............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or