Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 06:31 AM

4,437 posts, read 3,751,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandsherry View Post
Sensationalized reporting, especially when the article also states this, which is contrary to the article:

Que sera sera....
Much of the property in Miami Beach is not waterfront. So that is skewing the numbers.

My mother is an accountant in Miami Beach and she says many of her clients are unloading their waterfront property at a loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2018, 07:53 AM

1,357 posts, read 1,212,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Much of the property in Miami Beach is not waterfront. So that is skewing the numbers.

My mother is an accountant in Miami Beach and she says many of her clients are unloading their waterfront property at a loss.
Um.... Where do you think Miami Beach is? It's surrounded by water with a load of waterfront property. The elevation of MB is only 4'.

No idea what values are doing there, but I'd guess prices went through a bit of a regional bubble as the economy recovered and now normalizing..... and there's other issues in Miami area than the prospect of flooding that may also have impact on prices. But this is getting OT, so ending my contribution to OT with this message.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:13 AM

4,437 posts, read 3,751,294 times
Quote:
Um.... Where do you think Miami Beach is? It's surrounded by water with a load of waterfront property. The elevation of MB is only 4'.

No idea what values are doing there, but I'd guess prices went through a bit of a regional bubble as the economy recovered and now normalizing..... and there's other issues in Miami area than the prospect of flooding that may also have impact on prices. But this is getting OT, so ending my contribution to OT with this message.

There's tons of property in MB that is not waterfront.

Old 04-23-2018, 06:32 PM

144 posts, read 93,846 times
FOUR FEET ABOVE SEA LEVEL? ON THE OCEAN??

That's ridiculous. My mom is selling her Siesta Key home that's on a canal. 9 feet above the gulf. I was worried, now, not so much. thank you for your post!

As for downtown Tampa, it's such a storm target. I lived in South Tampa and had to evacuate in the 80's.

I'd want any new construction in downtown Tampa to be storm-proof. The first few floors should be parking, and the rest of the building should be built to weather at least a cat 4.

Quote:

Old 04-23-2018, 09:18 PM

4,091 posts, read 5,971,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-fan View Post
I'd want any new construction in downtown Tampa to be storm-proof. The first few floors should be parking, and the rest of the building should be built to weather at least a cat 4.
I can't speak for all the new construction, but the building in question is 13 floors of parking before it gets to anything else.

Old 04-25-2018, 07:42 PM

4,091 posts, read 5,971,001 times

And it begins! I hope to document the entire process.

Old 04-26-2018, 05:56 AM

5,896 posts, read 7,224,520 times
Walked over to the Publix off of Bayshore yesterday at lunch and in doing so walked around the perimeter of the property for this building. Looks like it will be very nice. Also watching the retail they're putting into the front of the Convention Center parking garage on Franklin on the north side of Platte/Channelside. That looks like it's going to be pretty extensive with a crab shack restaurant of some sort and other places, too.

RM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay