Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2018, 06:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,669 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to rent a loft place at 24rd st and 8th ave. I've visited it in the morning and night time and i wasn't too sketched out by the area. What do ya'll have to say about it. Really like the property itself very artsy.

It's either this location or the Quarter; which is just your typical soul sucking condo complex.

Last edited by xpanicked; 04-25-2018 at 07:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2018, 06:41 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,012,754 times
If you're in the heart of Ybor City, you'll be fine. There are more cameras, police, and security walking around those areas than anywhere else in Tampa. It helps that most big events and an influx of tourists come through there often.

Old 04-25-2018, 06:56 PM

144 posts, read 158,788 times
Hello! I lived at the Quarter and on 10th &22nd and never had any problems . Walked to and from the bars/restaurants many times a week during the day and night. Saying that , you should always use caution and be aware of your surroundings . Getting drunk and stumbling home will make you an easy target in most city neighborhoods . The area surrounding historic ybor ( north of I4, 275) is mostly older homes . One street can be decent and the next can be not so good . Same goes for people who live there . Unfortunately , I don’t live in ybor anymore . I’m now in the bubble of south Tampa . Though the area is aesthetically pleasing to the eye it’s very vanilla to me . It’s snooty in some areas ( which is hysterical cause it’s tampa lol) The folks are more of the same and so are the entertainment options . Personally I prefer ybor by a mile .

Old 04-25-2018, 07:12 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,012,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crag73 View Post
One street can be decent and the next can be not so good .
I was looking at a house today off of 22nd and the neighborhood was INCREDIBLY spotty. One block looked real nice, next block looked real run down. Crossed the major street (Columbus?) and suddenly every house looked well kept and remodeled.

Old 04-25-2018, 07:25 PM

144 posts, read 158,788 times
Yes exactly . I don’t like seeing productive residents displaced by gentrification but something needs to happen. There’s some great old housing stock in that area that would look incredible if they were brought back to life. Some homes need to be torn down . Boarded up homes really make that area look bad and feel unsafe . Add some in fill housing etc.. Maybe one day lol

Old 04-26-2018, 09:12 AM

1,277 posts, read 1,089,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crag73 View Post
Hello! I lived at the Quarter and on 10th &22nd and never had any problems . Walked to and from the bars/restaurants many times a week during the day and night. Saying that , you should always use caution and be aware of your surroundings . Getting drunk and stumbling home will make you an easy target in most city neighborhoods . The area surrounding historic ybor ( north of I4, 275) is mostly older homes . One street can be decent and the next can be not so good . Same goes for people who live there . Unfortunately , I don’t live in ybor anymore . I’m now in the bubble of south Tampa . Though the area is aesthetically pleasing to the eye it’s very vanilla to me . It’s snooty in some areas ( which is hysterical cause it’s tampa lol) The folks are more of the same and so are the entertainment options . Personally I prefer ybor by a mile .
"Very Vanilla" had me laughing so hard. Same thought when I moved from Miami to South Tampa (left after a year). But I guess a lot of neighborhoods are compared to Miami.

Old 04-26-2018, 03:17 PM

5,977 posts, read 7,373,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkronAlan View Post
What is history ybor?
I suspect they meant "Historic Ybor".

RM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: