Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 07:49 AM

2 posts, read 5,388 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are finally over GA and deciding to move to Florida. She grew up in Clear Water and wants to move back close to the area but I am afraid that is bit too pricey. We have a rising 2nd grader and our plan is to move in the next 12 months.

I currently work from home and my wife is an RN, so we are flexible in where we can live.

What can you tell me about the New Tampa and Wesley Chapel areas?

Also seems taxes are all over the place when we look at houses online. It's so crazy to me. lol.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2018, 03:58 PM

5,977 posts, read 7,365,693 times
You need to do a search on both communities in the forum and you'll find your answers.

"What can you tell me?" is so vague it's unlikely anyone will respond. Ask something specific about a property or neighborhood and you're far more likely to get a response. Since it appears you've been looking at properties, you must have an idea of what you're looking for...

RM

Old 06-12-2018, 09:07 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo27 View Post
My wife and I are finally over GA and deciding to move to Florida. She grew up in Clear Water and wants to move back close to the area but I am afraid that is bit too pricey. We have a rising 2nd grader and our plan is to move in the next 12 months.

I currently work from home and my wife is an RN, so we are flexible in where we can live.

Also seems taxes are all over the place when we look at houses online. It's so crazy to me. lol.

Take a look in Trinity, wesley chapel was our 1st choice but wound up buying a beautiful custom home in Trinity...its very up and coming, they broke ground on a new sprouts, outdoor mall, home goods etc.....What we do like about the area is it takes me 35-45 min to clearwater, we are so close to Tarpon Springs, Palm Harbor...Wesley Chapel was too far from where we like to be

Pasco County taxes are less than Pinellas County...Wesley Chapel, Land O Lakes you will be paying CDD and Taxes....Trinity there is no CDD and Pinellas County no CDD..

Good Luck

Old 06-14-2018, 03:52 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Not every community in Wesley Chapel has a CDD and neither in Land O'Lakes!

Even though some communities were built in 2005 and/or 2012 or during other years, there are some with only a low HOA and still amenities as community pool, tennis court, etc.

Old 06-14-2018, 07:42 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Not every community in Wesley Chapel has a CDD and neither in Land O'Lakes!

Even though some communities were built in 2005 and/or 2012 or during other years, there are some with only a low HOA and still amenities as community pool, tennis court, etc.
Most of them do...we found very few that didnt have CDD’s and we looked for quite sometime...maybe some of the older developments do not have them...

Old 06-17-2018, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
Most of them do...we found very few that didnt have CDD’s and we looked for quite sometime...maybe some of the older developments do not have them...
No there are a few that have no HOA and are built around the same time as other communities.

Just a few examples are New River Lakes (Town Homes) built around 2004-2005 and part of Avalon in Wesley Chapel.

Avalon has high CDD and only a pool and play yard.

However, New River has NO CDD and has a tennis court, fitness trail, couple of play yards and community pool and HOA of approx. $ 95.- monthly!

Arbor Woods/Northwood has homes built in 2014 and newer/later (even 2017) and NO CDD and quarterly HOA fee of approx. $ 325 and is located close to St Rd 56 across from Seven Oaks!

This is just a few examples....

The booming years for Wesley Chapel as an example were 2004-2005 and now again it is booming again and growth is unbelievable. Traffic is becoming a bit of a hassle at some areas and depending on time of the day you have to leave it can be a little bit longer but if you are flexible and with so many people nowadays working from home, traffic is still ok if you live close to St Rd 54 or 56.

Soon the Diamond pattern should be started for construction.

If you live in this area or in Land O'Lakes/Lutz near I-75 then you will be able to enjoy the many restaurants and shops, so you don't even have to leave the area to go to Tampa.

After all, Tampa Outlets is not even in Tampa but officially in Lutz zipcode and almost everyone refers to the Outlet mall as Wesley Chapel. As it is less than 1 mile from Wesley Chapel and around the corner is Land O'Lakes zip code on St Rd 54.

Some of the communities with NO CDD in other areas provide no amenities at all, and it is personal preference if you like to pay for some great amenities as some have nice fitness and Clubhouse like Seven Oaks and Meadow Point has numerous Club Houses.

Some offer yard maintenance included in fees like the Ridge on St Rd 56, etc.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:44 PM

240 posts, read 286,771 times
What's a rising 2nd grader? Never heard this term before.

Old 06-18-2018, 06:10 AM

124 posts, read 124,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo27 View Post

Where will you be working?

New Tampa and Wesley Chapel both have significant traffic and commute issues.

Old 06-28-2018, 02:43 PM

2 posts, read 5,388 times
My wife is an RN and we are not sure right now. I work from home.

Old 06-28-2018, 05:33 PM

Medical businesses are opened on almost every corner in Wesley Chapel so enough job opportunities
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay