Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2018, 12:10 PM

1,790 posts, read 1,412,533 times

Advertisements

I live in SW Miami with close family ties in NE Orlando and Largo, Indian Rocks Beach.

Ever since The Bus Co, from NY State came into the Fla picture I have been using them to do the said triangle.

I know a lot of the tricks travelling with them for now almost 3 years, so feel free to ask anything you desire..

I booked today a Round Trip to Tampa (From there to the West of Largo) for June 5 to the 13th ... The entire trip with reserved seats back and forth came to $28.00.

Can't beat that with a stick..

Can't wait to be back in the Suncoast soon. Greetings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2018, 08:35 AM

1,265 posts, read 1,422,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammocks Bum View Post
I live in SW Miami with close family ties in NE Orlando and Largo, Indian Rocks Beach.

Ever since The Bus Co, from NY State came into the Fla picture I have been using them to do the said triangle.

I know a lot of the tricks travelling with them for now almost 3 years, so feel free to ask anything you desire..

I booked today a Round Trip to Tampa (From there to the West of Largo) for June 5 to the 13th ... The entire trip with reserved seats back and forth came to $28.00.

Can't beat that with a stick..

Can't wait to be back in the Suncoast soon. Greetings
How is the ride and the other passenger behavior? For that cheap it would seem like it would attract the Florida types that you always see on the news. My MIL lives in Martin County, just north of West Palm Beach and we're looking at possibly living in Tampa (and we've lived in Orlando in the past).

My wife doesn't have the greatest vision and isn't comfortable driving long distances and I've been trying to look at alternatives for her. Her mother doesn't drive out of her 5 mile bubble, so when my wife flies into PBI now, she has to take a $50 uber.

I'm hoping there's another alternative, but it seems like none of the bus services offer anything close, like Port St Lucie with a reasonable schedule. Greyhound is an 18 hour overnight trip for what is a 3 hour drive directly.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:04 AM

Of all the time I have travelled with them, just once when we arrived at the Ft Lauderdale stop coming back from Orlando, there was another Megabus there, the Cops all over and they had a Dude with handcuffs on, sitting at the sidewalk. No idea what happened, I checked the news later that day and the following one and nothing came up.

Passenger behaviour has been good all along. Too bad about Martin County that really does not get covered by them...The Trips to Orlando (About 4 hrs) and Tampa (About 4.5 hrs) are good and comfortable. The One trip to Orlando leaves from The MIA TRimodal Center, Stops in S Ft Lauderdale..then proceeds to Orlando N on I-95. Depending on the Driver's disposition sometimes they might stop at a designated Area for a few minutes rest, same scenario with Tampa...Miami to S Ft Lauderdale, across the State on the Alligator Alley then N on I-75, also sometimes they might Stop N of Ft Myers for a break.

Their prices are really good when you get them ahead of time (Just like the airlines), for a very small fee you can change your dates, but they will not refund you your money.

Good luck on your research, let me know what you find and If I can be of help again.

Old 06-04-2018, 05:48 AM

Tomorrow I head to the Suncoast for 7 full days to visit and stay with Mom, and then visit other members of the family there...Looking forward to Indian Rocks Beach and all the Seafood Eateries around there.

Of course, taking the Megabus to Marion Street, Tampa and from there the 300X Xpress bus to Ulmerton and Starky in Largo.

Where I get picked up. Mom just lives 3-4 mls West from there.

Old 06-08-2018, 07:53 PM

I have NO ties to Megabus and I only post from experiences, but the Fl Triangle...Tampa. Orlando and Miami is well covered by them, for almost 3 on going years and using them... They might not be the Emirates or Etihads of the World in Buses..They do and fulfill a great area of in state travel

Old 06-13-2018, 04:28 PM

Back home in Miami late this afternoon...The trip was awesome....Bus half empty and right on schedule all along !!!

Old 07-26-2018, 05:13 AM

Trying to work out another Trip Miami-Pinellas soon....Of course the only way for me in a 3 person household with one car, is the Bus there ....

Anyone ever been to the Panera in Belleair Bluffs ????

Greetings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay