Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2008, 09:20 AM

3 posts, read 5,719 times

Advertisements

planning on moving to tampa in may, am 62 yr. old painter and craigslist shows quite a few jobs. moving from 'cranky yankee' NH, painted in charleston for 6 mos., seemed like 6 yrs....whew! i know the south is NOT new england, but HOW IS GREATER TAMPA AREA? plan on staying at 'suburban extented stay hotel' in tampa, (they have free internet in room), i can check out furnished apts./studios. just want to work, come home, read and write, be left the hell alone. problem with gangbangers and their 'initiations', traffic jams all the time? not worried about cheap labor, i do quality detail work. my questions are NOT a slam to your area, just want 'reality', so don't chastise me for being 'insensitive'. think of me as the old man on 'frasier', without the bullet to the hip...so far. thanks for all info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 07:49 PM

86 posts, read 432,317 times
Cranky yankee is funny! I lived in New England for most of my life and really think it gets a bad rap. Although other places may be nicer on the "surface", people really aren't any different anywhere else....at least not as far as I've experienced. I can't help you too much on where to find a place, other than to look on places like move.com, apartments.com, yahoo.com, craigslist.com, rent.com, etc. There are plenty of places that post "for rent" signs outside their places, so you might want to spend a little time driving around the neighborhoods where you think you'll like to live (people on here are a great help with that) and make calls to private rentals accordingly. And I understand the wanting to be left alone.....all the more power to ya. Welcome.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:51 PM

86 posts, read 432,317 times
OH.....and I feel at "home" in Tampa...and having lived most of my life in New England, I think you'll see the same....it's a melting pot....great food, great people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: