Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2008, 05:25 AM

139 posts, read 476,379 times

Advertisements

And which schools are the best. Parential input on the schools, not the webs sites

What communities are best.

HOA fees

and then I hear about community development fee?

Mom's how do you like it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 07:28 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,089,587 times
WEstchase....a lot of people love it. My issue is that there's one way in and one way out--Linebaugh Rd.--and it's JAM PACKED crowded in the mornings. A LOT Of people complain. It's also sort of out of the way, not a great location except for the mall, really.

If you get into the Westchse district (elementary school) that is the one people seem to really want.

Communities are broken up by class really, so I hope you don't want diversity in your life. The Greens is guarded and gated; the Fords are not and are less pricey but still have largish houses. It isn't really which is "best" it is which can you afford.

CDDs are imposed on new developments to absorb the costs that go with massive development. They are added to your taxes for 10-20 years usually and are a couple thousand dollars a year on top of already high taxes. Not fun.

As a mom, it was not what I was looking for in a community. Too planned, to generic. I do love the shopping areas they have there, and there are lots of choices and price points for housing. But you won't have anyone "different" than you economically (houses tend to all be in the same price range in each neighborhood) and I just don't care for all that class division stuff.

The Greens is, aesthetically speaking, my favorite neighborhood if you're going to buy there--there is MUCH more landscaping and the streets just seem less generic than, say, the Fords.

Old 03-29-2008, 06:42 PM

43 posts, read 258,450 times
We have been staying in an apartment in Westchase while selling our house in Philly and purchasing a home in the Dunedin area.

Westchase, is not my cup of tea. It doesn't seem real... Typicaly suburbia. Not sure if you are moving from somewhere else. If you are, I'd recommend being near water/coast.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:50 PM

409 posts, read 1,505,044 times
Westchase....

Good - Nice, well kept, low crime, green grass, suburbia

Bad - Totally cookie cutter, houses close together in some spots and look the same, it all looks the same

Old 03-30-2008, 04:41 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,508,539 times
I read the fees to live there are insanely high.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:44 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,598,364 times
Bad (maybe)...I had a Brink's rep tell me today that Westchase was experiencing higher than average burglaries (house break-ins), but I can't find any police records to support it. The online records are from 2006 (ugh).

Good is that it was built on the concept of live, work, play. The planned development does have HOA and CDD fees, but for that you get schools (overcrowded though), retail, banks, restaurants, recreation and more all contained within the community.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:10 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,192,817 times
Desperate Housewives, bay-bee.

A friend who lives there plays bunco with the women in her neighborhood despite the fact that she hates it. Why? Because if she's not hooked into that network, it's difficult to arrange playdates, carpools, and all the other accoutrements of suburban-child-life.

Makes me really value my un-gated, un-planned neighborhood full of old people and gay couples in '50s vintage houses. (Though I will say the PTA budget for Westchase Elementary is staggering. Probably six times the one at my neighborhood school.)

Old 04-01-2008, 06:47 PM

1,613 posts, read 3,237,647 times
Westchase is huge so there is really a decent variety of what you may be looking for. There is alot more ways in then linebaugh, there are probably 5-10 ways in. From racetrack, waters, hillsborough ect.. Its not cheap to live there but you get what you pay for. go live in a free neighborehood where everyones lawn is weeds and you drive through the garbage that the truck left behind ect. or you can go to westchase, spend the money to have the places ALWAYS looking tip top shape. lawn is always very nice (along main roads is what im refering to, eventhough the personal lawns are usually nice too). A big variety of people, alot of new shopping centers going up in there.

There are probably 50 different neighbhoods within westchase. If thats not your cup of tea, you may want to look into carrolwood village. much cheaper to live and still well kept with a big variety of home sizes and styles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay