Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 06:53 AM

4,479 posts, read 3,848,623 times

Advertisements

The Gulf of Mexico is a toxic soup of pollution, but don't worry, it will take years for the cancer to show up on your scans.

The chickens are necessary for Santeria death rituals (lots of that in the Tampa area).

If you think Tampa has good restaurants, I don't even want to know what kind of restaurants Akron has.

But yes, Tampa is cheaper than many large cities, the people are friendly and the winters are AMAZING! Welcome to Tampa Bay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 07:55 AM

30,430 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
The Gulf of Mexico is a toxic soup of pollution, but don't worry, it will take years for the cancer to show up on your scans.

The chickens are necessary for Santeria death rituals (lots of that in the Tampa area).

If you think Tampa has good restaurants, I don't even want to know what kind of restaurants Akron has.

But yes, Tampa is cheaper than many large cities, the people are friendly and the winters are AMAZING! Welcome to Tampa Bay!
Well i have to get sick eating the fish i get 80 to 100+ miles offshore. Perfect clean water that far offshore.

Big Sugar is to blame for the green crap being pumped to both coast.

Old 08-30-2018, 11:00 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,419,493 times
Quote:

Yep the restaurants are not that great living in Chicago for a while were there are plenty great steak and pizza restaurants, they think outback is fine dining in Tampa area. We had 3 free meals at the outback in largo moldy bread, they sat us and forgot about us, last and final time before we moved back north a cockroach crawled up onto the bar right in front of us.

Old 08-30-2018, 02:34 PM

5,977 posts, read 7,375,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Yep the restaurants are not that great living in Chicago for a while were there are plenty great steak and pizza restaurants, they think outback is fine dining in Tampa area. We had 3 free meals at the outback in largo moldy bread, they sat us and forgot about us, last and final time before we moved back north a cockroach crawled up onto the bar right in front of us.
Outback has never been a restaurant of significance here. I recall when we first arrived here in the mid 1990s and everyone was "oooh-aaaah" about Outback. We went once and were not impressed. Haven't been back since.

RM

Old 08-30-2018, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Well i have to get sick eating the fish i get 80 to 100+ miles offshore. Perfect clean water that far offshore.

Big Sugar is to blame for the green crap being pumped to both coast.

You might wanna catch and release even those 100+ mile fish.

FWC executive order: Redfish, snook catch-and-release only - Story | FOX 13 Tampa Bay

Redfish and snook should be catch-and-release only because of the red tide bloom off the coast of southwest Florida, according to an executive order issued by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission Thursday.

FWC said anyone who catches snook and redfish between the northernmost point of Anna Maria Island in Manatee County to Gordon Pass in Collier County must release it until October 12, according to the executive order.

Old 08-30-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
You might wanna catch and release even those 100+ mile fish.

FWC executive order: Redfish, snook catch-and-release only - Story | FOX 13 Tampa Bay

Redfish and snook should be catch-and-release only because of the red tide bloom off the coast of southwest Florida, according to an executive order issued by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission Thursday.

FWC said anyone who catches snook and redfish between the northernmost point of Anna Maria Island in Manatee County to Gordon Pass in Collier County must release it until October 12, according to the executive order.
Well i don't get Snook and red fish offshore. Just pink porgies, red snaps. Mango snaps , bee liners and grouper. Red fish and snook are a inshore fish only. Just about all them are dead south of the Tampa area and now there is a big area of red tide offshore from clearwater 10 miles and once we go back into a reverse west windflow it will come back toward the beach. So life is not a beach for this area.

Old 08-31-2018, 01:20 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,506,434 times
Quote:

I enjoyed Whiskey Joe's, Bahama Breeze, and Angelo's (St Pete). The atmosphere was great and so was the food.

Old 08-31-2018, 03:23 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,013,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
I enjoyed Whiskey Joe's, Bahama Breeze, and Angelo's (St Pete). The atmosphere was great and so was the food.
Certain posters on here are paid to sway opinion by spreading misinformation. It's best to not interact with them.

Old 08-31-2018, 04:28 PM

Wished i paid slade.

Old 09-02-2018, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Certain posters on here are paid to sway opinion by spreading misinformation. It's best to not interact with them.
Certain posters on here are paid to sway opinion by spreading misinformation about other posters on here so it’s best not to interact with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay