Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2018, 09:33 AM

749 posts, read 580,342 times

Advertisements

This huge condo complex community has much turnover, I have noticed. There are always condos available.

Why ? Besides the age of the senior residents.

What is its reputation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2018, 10:30 AM

7,777 posts, read 6,385,415 times
Turnover is a normal in any community including 55+ communities. Folks move in at different ages and with time get older. Some become widows or widowers and then choose to move to a different part of the country, perhaps where they have family. Others incur medical problems and go to assisted living. Before we returned to Florida, we lived in a 55+ community in the southwest. It was different in many ways, but the ageing factor was very similar.

Old 08-31-2018, 06:24 PM

361 posts, read 258,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnelian View Post
This huge condo complex community has much turnover, I have noticed. There are always condos available.

Why ? Besides the age of the senior residents.

What is its reputation?
Don't make the mistake I did - DON'T BUY A FLORIDA CONDO. OK, it might work out better than renting (mortgage deduction), but I don't think it's worth the risk.

A condo is like a game of musical chairs. When the music stops, those owners are left with inadequate reserves to fund repairs. Do some research on what happened to condo's in the recessions of 2008 and 1987.

I think condo's are legally structured to favor the developers and the banks that provide mortgages.

Compare how banks have to deal with government taxes verses how they have to deal with Condo monthly and special assessments.

Hey, it's your money, feel free to be "con-dough'd".

Old 08-31-2018, 06:43 PM

7,682 posts, read 1,271,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concert D Major View Post
End Of The World Condos.

One time my daughter and I went looking for a boutique on the other side of the state that was located in one of those labyrinthine shopping centers. The shopping center was on the left and I missed my turn. Just up ahead I spied a circular driveway in which to turn around. It was the entrance of those senior assisted living facilities. You know the kind--they all look alike--2 wings joined in an L-shape with a circular driveway for receiving at the junction where they meet.

As we turned in I said to my daughter, "Here we are at The Final Frontier where I'll probably wind up."

My daughter says, "No-wait-really?? Is that the name?" For a split second she thought I was serious.

Old 09-01-2018, 06:38 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,419,493 times
Top of the world looks like Disney small world. It’s nothing but older people, we looked a a place there and when we walked in it had all outdated appliances, grab bars all over the place and it smelled moldy and musty. We drove around and noticed the gate guard was asleep in his little guard shack. There was also a deadly fire there also a couple of years ago, that was another turn off for us because of the age of the people living there and the fact that there could be other fires started by these people because they forgot about something on the stove or something else. We were not going to take our chances on that.

Old 09-01-2018, 12:53 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,385,415 times
Top of the World has 94 buildings, population around 9000. It is an active retirement community. It is for people over 55. There are a very few that are over 100.

It is NOT assisted living.

The majority of residents have paid cash for their condos.

The condition of the interior of each condo is up to the owner. Many have redone kitchens and/or bathrooms. Some of the condos are 50 years old.

There are social activities that will not be found in ordinary condos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: