Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 01:23 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Grey View Post
Unfortunately, this whole ordeal is wearing thin. The Karmic straw is when I went to unpack my computer monitor today which I had stored in a box in my closet and discovered that the box was damp. There is an active leak in the hot water heater in the adjacent closet. Fortunately, the box was standing on its side, well packed, so no damage was done.

I have been keeping a photo log of all the issues with this place and sending it to the rental manager who is sympathetic but not effective. I am tempted to start over, i.e. take back/cancel orders for what furniture I've purchased, have the relocubes incubate in Tampa where they're stored, and look for another apartment. The sad thing is that the apartment is in an ideal location and is in a relatively quiet neighborhood (Walsingham-Anona) just about 10 min. from Indian Rocks Beach.

Does anyone know of any reputable apartment complexes in the area? Contact me privately please!
Carlton Arms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2018, 06:31 PM

240 posts, read 286,933 times
I'm just going to say that you were all excited to be coming down to Florida, and now everything seems to be going wrong. Maybe you people that jump to move down here just because it's WARM ought to think twice before you give up what you had. I also read your complaints about the apartment in the other thread. Most people would go ahead and clean up the apartment, move-in and then continue to deal with the small leak from the hot water heater. Unless you're renting in a brand new place you can't expect everything to be perfect. And that guy that told you to get a real estate attorney is nuts. You're a renter, not buying real estate.

Old 11-13-2018, 07:48 PM

7,682 posts, read 1,271,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterK View Post
I'm just going to say that you were all excited to be coming down to Florida, and now everything seems to be going wrong. Maybe you people that jump to move down here just because it's WARM ought to think twice before you give up what you had. I also read your complaints about the apartment in the other thread. Most people would go ahead and clean up the apartment, move-in and then continue to deal with the small leak from the hot water heater. Unless you're renting in a brand new place you can't expect everything to be perfect. And that guy that told you to get a real estate attorney is nuts. You're a renter, not buying real estate.
OK Mr. Smart Guy....Look at the photos on my other post--what would YOU do if you rented an apartment and walked in and saw that?

You'd raise Holy Hell, wouldn't you???

Also, I really would like to know what YOU think I GAVE UP to be in FL??

Right now it's 41F in CT and cloudy. This time of year by 4 PM it's NIGHTTIME. The COL in CT is pretty steep and it is not a tax friendly state when it comes to senior citizens.

Plan B was to move back to my home town in WNY--right now there it's 31F and it has already snowed--it's also a "tax" state

The one thing that has kept me sane throughout this ordeal is the sunshine, warm temp and the water views.

Old 11-14-2018, 08:14 AM

472 posts, read 547,716 times
We had similar rough start when we moved to FL. Our apartment turned out to be infested with bed bugs and we didn't find out until a couple months in. We bailed out fast losing a couch and two bed springs (not worth the hassle of saving) and a month deposit but whatever. Two months after being here my truck got damaged with a hit and run in parking lot. But honestly any of this can happen anywhere and is not limited to FL - just an unlucky streak. It sure didn't dampen my move here then. I just go to Clearwater Beach, watch the sunset and drink a mojito and all is well.
It's been more than 6 years and still zero regrets. Best of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay