Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 01:23 AM

5 posts, read 14,861 times

Advertisements

//www.city-data.com/forum/tampa...tampa-bay.html

Looks Like I may be wrong about schools, at least according to this source. Scroll down and read davachka's response
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 02:02 PM

3 posts, read 21,662 times
I am 24 yrs old and attend grad school in Atlanta. My family lives in the Tampa Bay Area (Brooksville) and I grew up in New Jersey. I thought that I would like Atlanta better than the Tampa area having grown up in the northeast, but I don't. Atlanta is a lot more extreme when it comes to weather than I thought it would have been. The winters are very cold, although it does not snow very much. I give Tampa a thumbs up for weather all year round although the summers can be brutally hot. I'll take the hot, humid summers over the cold winters. With that said, Atlanta has a lot more industry than Tampa if you're going into the business sector, but because you're going into education, I'd choose Tampa over the ATL. Yes, Atlanta has better salaries than Tampa, but if you're thinking about the quality of life, Tampa is the place for you.

Tampa traffic is not nearly as bad as Atlanta traffic. Atlanta is not near any major bodies of water and can be extremely dry. Not to mention, Tampa is more aesthetically pleasing and you'll be able to find even cheaper housing in the Tampa area than in Atlanta.

Check out the Florida Department of Education website to see what middle schools in the 7 county (Citrus, Hernando, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Hillsborough, Sarasota) Tampa bay area have openings.

I don't think you'll go wrong with moving to the TB area. I hope to move back when I finish graduate school.

All the best!!!

Old 03-11-2009, 06:13 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,750,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampabaytwentysomething View Post
Tampa better than Atlanta???? No way....I live in Saint Pete and would live in Atlanta any day, oh yea im a 22 yr old elem teacher...Ybor is nice but it gets old...i mean there is hard rock, the amphitheater and ybor and a couple night spots...other wise?????????????????????????????
You forgot Beaches, busch gardens, Adventure island, Lowery park zoo, and florida aqarium, GASPARILLA parades, Guavaween, A beautiful waterfront, Pro sports teams, Palm trees, orlando 45 min away, cruise ships, the state fair... You must save a lot of money living under that rock.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:48 PM

13 posts, read 64,337 times
Default Tampa Bay

The Florida State Fair is awful. Full of white trash and rednecks.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalow View Post
The Florida State Fair is awful. Full of white trash and rednecks.
Oh boo hoo, I cant enjoy hundreds of rides, attractions, and good food because theres white people who dont dress as good as I do

Old 03-14-2009, 07:29 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,830,906 times
It is not better. Stay in ATL!

Old 03-14-2009, 07:45 PM

159 posts, read 456,285 times
I've lived in both places and Atlanta is better.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:28 PM

38 posts, read 163,459 times
I've lived in both places too. Tampa has one spectacular thing that ATL never will - the beach

Old 03-17-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilligan View Post
I've lived in both places too. Tampa has one spectacular thing that ATL never will - the beach
You forgot palm trees

Old 03-17-2009, 09:48 PM

38 posts, read 163,459 times
Indeed, I did
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay