Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 08:02 AM

1,466 posts, read 3,079,489 times

Advertisements

How does $600 round trip to London sound from TPA - now that Norweigan is flying from there, it opens up much needed competition to BA and Edelweiss and the US code share carriers to Europe and rest of world. I think it is very clean, efficient and a great gateway (and representative) of the Tampa Bay region. Orlando, ugh, hate flying through there, nightmare getting through gates into security, overcrowded areas, dreadful cellphone parking, hard to negotiate the airport site in a car, they are lucky they have Disney as the draw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2018, 08:32 AM

4,479 posts, read 3,849,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkj1988 View Post
well it was a rough area in the early 80's.
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-16-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender View Post
How does $600 round trip to London sound from TPA - now that Norweigan is flying from there, it opens up much needed competition to BA and Edelweiss and the US code share carriers to Europe and rest of world. I think it is very clean, efficient and a great gateway (and representative) of the Tampa Bay region. Orlando, ugh, hate flying through there, nightmare getting through gates into security, overcrowded areas, dreadful cellphone parking, hard to negotiate the airport site in a car, they are lucky they have Disney as the draw.

find me that fare in october 2019 (when i normally go to europe for a few months) from TPA with zero stops to any London airport on a U.S. airline

it does not exist

Old 11-16-2018, 08:49 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!
My friend newbe lips lived by the towers back around 1982. There was not much around but poor and rough necks back in them days. Really started to build up around the mid and later 80's to the west and south.

Old 11-16-2018, 09:15 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,931,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Tell that to the Orlando airport, which is consistently ranked in the top 3 of U.S. airports (in this list it's number 2) due to cheap fares and most nonstop routes!
If the same sort of massive demand existed in Tampa, it would certainly have more nonstops and lower fares. It simply doesn't, and there is nothing wrong with that.

For the size and stature of the Bay Area, it has pretty good air service and a Terminal that is an excellent asset. No other Metro of Orlando's size attracts over 60 million visitors a year. Of course they're going to have outsized service.

Old 11-17-2018, 05:37 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,430,973 times
Trolls are sensitive I see.

Old 11-17-2018, 05:43 AM

5,977 posts, read 7,377,898 times
Having traveled extensively for business both domestically and internationally, I would rank Tampa's airport highly. That's mainly due to amenities such as free WiFi and accessibility. It's super easy to get in and out of, even at peak times. Even more so with the new shuttle to the remote parking area and rental cars.

RM

Old 11-18-2018, 04:34 AM

57 posts, read 61,664 times
Was there yesterday. The aesthetics is very nice. sit-down wifi tables. Easy to navigate. I like it a lot.

Old 11-19-2018, 07:09 AM

472 posts, read 547,716 times
I like Tampa airport for what it is. It's relaxing and its open space design with windows everywhere is easy on the eyes. And isn't super crazy crowded like the bigger main hub airports I've been too. Frankly I hate going to the airport and the whole flying experience so anything to reduce stress level is a big bonus. TPA is that for me, easy to get in and out and not complicated to navigate.
Great design to have the train shuttle take the traffic for remote parking and car rental off the main airport so it doesn't get slammed with shuttle buses. And the cell phone waiting lot is a nice touch. Even little things like Wifi and tons of place to plug in to charge your various electronics is nice.

I agree that it sure could use more popular route and fare could be less, but it's a short hop to Orlando or to connecting flights.

Old 11-19-2018, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiepoke View Post
I like Tampa airport for what it is. It's relaxing and its open space design with windows everywhere is easy on the eyes. And isn't super crazy crowded like the bigger main hub airports I've been too. Frankly I hate going to the airport and the whole flying experience so anything to reduce stress level is a big bonus. TPA is that for me, easy to get in and out and not complicated to navigate.
Great design to have the train shuttle take the traffic for remote parking and car rental off the main airport so it doesn't get slammed with shuttle buses. And the cell phone waiting lot is a nice touch. Even little things like Wifi and tons of place to plug in to charge your various electronics is nice.

I agree that it sure could use more popular route and fare could be less, but it's a short hop to Orlando or to connecting flights.

I don't need any outlets for plugging in my devices; that's what portable chargers are for. I travel with two portable chargers and never need to look for an outlet. Even my carry on rollaboard has a port for charging! Half the time the outlets at TPA don't even work. Portable chargers are pretty much required since it's very difficult to find outlets that work (not just at TPA but also in hotels, train stations, rental cars, anywhere there's travelers etc.)

What I do need from an airport is more nonstops and cheaper fares. I could care less about how the airport looks. Who the hell goes to the aiport to "relax"? I walk in, go straight to the AA lounge, and get on the plane when it's time to board. I barely notice the airport, how it looks or what it offers. Who the hell cares about that? I am just trying to get from Point A to Point B as cheaply and fast as possible.

And now that you mention it, those stupid SkyTrain People Movers at TPA are ridiculous. So sick of arriving at night and having to wait 15 minutes for one of them to show up (as happened to me last week). Incompetence at its finest.

Last edited by sinatras; 11-19-2018 at 07:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay