Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 04:34 PM

30,430 posts, read 21,248,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarasotaAchieved View Post
80 and dry is "gross"? Most people find that to be ideal.
I don't like it for weeks at a time like we see every winter now. I like CHANGE make it cold, warm it up bring 4" of rain and back to cold every few days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2018, 10:36 AM

4,479 posts, read 3,848,623 times
The Polar Vortex is coming soon to bring temps back down!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...lummet-US.html

Old 12-29-2018, 01:24 PM

48 posts, read 121,420 times
Out and about today in shorts and a t-shirt, and still got swamp***** from all the humidity.

I'm sorry folks, but mid 80's and high humidity absolutely sucks this time of year. Like the sentiment of a previous poster, we are not talking about wearing snow shoes and living in the tundra, but a few solid weeks or months of sweater/jacket weather sure would be nice. It's pleasant to wear jeans and long sleeves, but there just isn't a whole lot of opportunity for that without getting all sweaty and less than fresh.

I know, I know, I-75 and I-95 both travel north....heading up one of them permanently seems more and more tempting every year here.

Old 12-29-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaFrank View Post
Out and about today in shorts and a t-shirt, and still got swamp***** from all the humidity.

I'm sorry folks, but mid 80's and high humidity absolutely sucks this time of year. Like the sentiment of a previous poster, we are not talking about wearing snow shoes and living in the tundra, but a few solid weeks or months of sweater/jacket weather sure would be nice. It's pleasant to wear jeans and long sleeves, but there just isn't a whole lot of opportunity for that without getting all sweaty and less than fresh.

I know, I know, I-75 and I-95 both travel north....heading up one of them permanently seems more and more tempting every year here.
Just gonna get more and more hot here over the years. Within 30 years the ramp up in heating will be unreal and we will see 90's year around.

Old 12-29-2018, 02:36 PM

2,530 posts, read 1,862,895 times
Cold air is refreshing , light and clean feeing. It’s great when you can open up all the windows for fresh air. Hot air on the other hand makes you feel soggy and dirty like you need to shower all the time. You can be strip naked and still sweating. There’s a time for everything. Heat isn’t so bad in the summer just not in the winter.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:10 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,694,174 times
Temps in the low 80s during the day this time of the year for Fl are the norm, great weather by the way, thats why we live here and not in a frozen tundra.

Prosperous 2019 Folks.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
Temps in the low 80s during the day this time of the year for Fl are the norm, great weather by the way, thats why we live here and not in a frozen tundra.

Prosperous 2019 Folks.
80's this time of year is not the norm. Normal high is 71 in Tampa.

Old 12-30-2018, 10:45 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:

Need someone to help you pack?

Old 12-30-2018, 11:07 AM

333 posts, read 240,105 times
Quote:

Agreed. I feel less and less like I belong with Florida people. My body just does not do heat. And people here love it.

Love Florida but muggy 81 with a realfeel of 90 (which it was yesterday) is not my bag.

Outside of Florida, many people love having cooler winter weather.

Old 12-30-2018, 03:19 PM

10,951 posts, read 3,694,174 times
Move on and leave the warmer pastures to Us
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay