Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2019, 09:20 AM

403 posts, read 1,193,538 times

Advertisements

Good morning! Looking in to mortgage pre-approvals and wanted to shop credit unions etc. Can y'all recommend some good credit unions in FL that I can get aggressive rates from? No Suncoast. Had them before I left for GA and hated them..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2019, 10:36 AM

5,977 posts, read 7,377,898 times
Does it have to be a credit union? I’ve had really good experiences with both RP Funding (mortgage broker) and Wells Fargo.

Did a refi a few years ago with WF and it was the easiest, least hassle financial transaction I’ve ever done in my life. Bought a house with RP in 2011 and it really went well, too.

RM

Old 01-14-2019, 11:14 AM

403 posts, read 1,193,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
Does it have to be a credit union? I’ve had really good experiences with both RP Funding (mortgage broker) and Wells Fargo.

Did a refi a few years ago with WF and it was the easiest, least hassle financial transaction I’ve ever done in my life. Bought a house with RP in 2011 and it really went well, too.

RM
No, doesn't have to be a CU. Just going on the assumption they have the best rates.

Old 01-14-2019, 11:48 AM

1,466 posts, read 3,079,489 times
Have a couple of mortgage broker contacts, if you want them DM me - one I have worked with many times, works out of Orlando, even though my market is Tampa Bay (never met him even!) Oddly another one I know is also in Orlando area, they say they will offer lowest rates and closing costs possible - of course that all depends on all sorts of criteria LOL. (contact is a local though) Have one other local guy, who is very nice and works closely with clients to help them get what they need. All have access to many lenders, so are not tied to one market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: