Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 09:48 AM

19 posts, read 30,908 times

Advertisements

Baypark seems to close to Ruskin on US 41, Cypress Creek seems to be in a better location off of 19th AVE. Does anybody live in Cypress Creek to give any input about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2019, 03:12 PM

2 posts, read 1,870 times
I have lived in Ruskin for the past 7 years and it is in the growing stage from being just a small little town. There is a brand new Publix shopping plaza at 19th St & Rte 41 with more commercial places being built. I live on the West side of Rte 41 in the gated community of Mira Lago. Lots of nice homes here and I personally have never had any crime issues. I have enjoyed living here and am glad I am not in the hustle and bustle of Tampa or Brandon. It is an easy drive down 41 to the Bradenton/Sarasota area or a quick hop over the bridge to St Pete. I think it is perfectly located to be central to Tampa, St Pete, Sarasota, not to mention I am just a mile from the Bay.

There is a smaller library in downtown Ruskin along Rte 41, which is probably the one someone referenced but I think it is just fine. There is a Family dollar that was built along Rte 41 & Shellpoint Rd a couple years ago, which was quite handy if you needed to grab a few things before the Publix plaza was built.

Old 02-18-2019, 05:32 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Ruskin also has a cultural center where you can take art classes and there are events. My husband works for Hillsborough County, they designed it, and he takes classes there. Ruskin has a bit more going on than it used to, it is not such a bad place if one doesn't have to be in the big city. Well located to quickly go to other nearby cities/towns.

Old 02-22-2019, 12:05 PM

201 posts, read 237,791 times
There are several new communities being built along 19th Ave. When it is all done and occupied I shudder to think what the traffic will be like. It looks like something is being done to 19th (I hope it is being 4 laned) but it is going very very slowly.

Old 02-22-2019, 01:32 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,009,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhHah View Post
There are several new communities being built along 19th Ave. When it is all done and occupied I shudder to think what the traffic will be like. It looks like something is being done to 19th (I hope it is being 4 laned) but it is going very very slowly.
the traffic from there to get onto I-75 is already bad....new on ramp and multi lanes are being planned over the next several years along w/ a ton of new subdivisions....I don't think they'll be able to keep up roadways w/ the housing

Old 05-27-2020, 07:35 AM

1,277 posts, read 1,089,843 times
Can anyone tell me more about the Cypress Creek neighborhood. Is there just a low HOA fee? No CDD fees? I assume this is a good area for retired person. Is it close to shopping and hospital care with Sun City and Riverview near by? Any insight on the area and these questions would be helpful. My mom and grandma are thinking about moving into this community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay