Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 11:44 PM

738 posts, read 1,884,419 times

Advertisements

What are your thoughts on this act of violence? What would you do if these were your children? What would you do if this was your daughter being beaten?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 03:03 AM

792 posts, read 2,292,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZEL View Post
What are your thoughts on this act of violence? What would you do if these were your children? What would you do if this was your daughter being beaten?
My thoughts is that it is typical for Florida considering how much white trash lives here.

I don't like to think what I would do if it were my kid. I'm sure I would be going to prison.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:42 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
The mother's (of the defendant) reaction was almost worse than the crime her daughter committed.

I'm not big on prosecuting kids as adults, but this is an exception. They held her against her will, beat her unconscious, then beat her until she lost vision in an eye and hearing in one of her ears.

Absolute dirtbags, throw the book at them.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:37 AM

91 posts, read 387,752 times
100%, these losers need to learn a hard lesson. This is no joke. The girl has permanent damage to her eye and ear?? That is vicious assault. When are people going to learn until we take things back to the "eye for an eye" level? No more free pass or blaming it in adolescence...this was premeditated as well.

Kids today just do whatever they want to, or think is "cool" and seemingly never have to pay retribution for their awful actions. There is always some scum lawyer involved trying to make a name for themselves taking on cases like this and getting the guilty parties off. Enough.

These kids should all be strapped to chairs while someone takes a screwdriver to one eye each and an awl to one eardrum each... they can choose which eye or eardrum they want to lose just to make it fair...

If these kids walk away from this with a slap on the wrist, that sends a loud message that things like this are ok...

I can just see the court case now... guilty parties hiring psycologists to claim the attackers were "depressed" and just "acting out" turning them into the victims... They will get what is coming to them one way or another. That is just bad karma.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:55 AM

792 posts, read 2,292,206 times
I was listening to the radio yesterday, and they were talking about this story. A teenage girl(who goes to the same school) called into the radio station and was telling the DJ's how everyone was cheering about the girl gettin beat down by the mob.

Apparently she has been posting terrible things about a great number of people at that school, and posting it on her myspace page. People at the school had went to the principal and other officials, to try and get it stopped.

Nothing worked, the girl kept posting what the other students felt were lies and other hateful things about them.
That's when they formed the mob to beat her up.
I'm not saying it's right, i'm just saying I thought it was odd that this girl would call the radio station and tell the DJ's how a lot of people at her school were actually glad this happened to this girl, because she had written so much bad things about other students.

It just goes to show that often your only told one side of the story.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:37 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,059 times
I am tired of the term kid and child being used for 16-17 yr olds. They are young adults!

Old 04-10-2008, 10:28 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpeteguy View Post
I was listening to the radio yesterday, and they were talking about this story. A teenage girl(who goes to the same school) called into the radio station and was telling the DJ's how everyone was cheering about the girl gettin beat down by the mob.

Apparently she has been posting terrible things about a great number of people at that school, and posting it on her myspace page. People at the school had went to the principal and other officials, to try and get it stopped.

Nothing worked, the girl kept posting what the other students felt were lies and other hateful things about them.
That's when they formed the mob to beat her up.
I'm not saying it's right, i'm just saying I thought it was odd that this girl would call the radio station and tell the DJ's how a lot of people at her school were actually glad this happened to this girl, because she had written so much bad things about other students.

It just goes to show that often your only told one side of the story.
While this may be true, it is still not their responsibility to lash out over such nonsense. They could have killed the girl.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:52 AM

150 posts, read 474,900 times
This video sure helps Florida's reputation, doesn't it?

Just saw this story on the news last night. I'm worried for the family that's getting the calls. They're an innocent party that's stuck in the middle of it all.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:02 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
While this may be true, it is still not their responsibility to lash out over such nonsense. They could have killed the girl.
I agree, but unfortunately, not only was the girl posting vile and hateful things about the others she was TAUNTING them and daring them to "fight her" and kept saying they were too scared to do it. Well, sadly for her she got what she was asking for - they took her up on it. Sad all the way around - a lot of troubled teens for sure.

Cyberbullying is a big issue right now, it happens everywhere. Sadly this is a case that went too far, but I have read about kids committing suicide over this type behavior.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:52 PM

91 posts, read 387,752 times
I was not aware of the victim posting bad things about the "mob" of girls that attacked her. Maybe she had something coming... however the beating was a little severe. A fight to me is punch someone, knock them down, knock them out, that's it. anything more is vicious. Unless your or your loved ones life or well being depends on it, is is not right to beat someone into oblivion.

I do agree that the internet has taken things to another level with teen pressures and acceptance. Someone's life can be ruined with myspace and you tube these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay