U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-09-2008, 11:35 AM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
27,798 posts, read 27,757,717 times
Reputation: 14611

Advertisements

Hope you don't ever kill someone while driving nearly double the speed limit. I'd consider yourself very fortunate. Pay the ticket, learn your lesson, and forget whatever lawyer wannabees try to tell you about contesting a ticket. You did very well by being kind to the officer. You should have not frozen and lied about your wallet being in the trunk, imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-09-2008, 01:37 PM
 
Location: Full time RV"er
2,403 posts, read 5,972,732 times
Reputation: 1481
Quote:
Originally Posted by strippedeagle View Post
Thank you all for your encouraging reply. I feel quite positive now. I will go ahead and pay the fine and yes I did learn my lesson.

Bottom line dont get tensed about your family that you loose sense of yourself.
NO read my postings !!!!!! the action that the court is going to do in not in your NAME! THEY CAN'T GO ANY WHERE WITH IT.Don'taccept that you have done anything wrong . They will have to start all over again.And now that you demand the Verified Complaint they will dismiss , unless you say ,ok ,fine me. I have personaly had this happen to me. Hope you read this before you pay. There is an even biger lesson to learn here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2008, 02:10 PM
 
86 posts, read 242,158 times
Reputation: 31
He DID do something wrong. Anyone with a hint of morals would not try to argue a ticket that was 30 mph over the speed limit. And you are correct, there is a bigger lesson to be learned here, it is called personal responsibility.






Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Screwed View Post
NO read my postings !!!!!! the action that the court is going to do in not in your NAME! THEY CAN'T GO ANY WHERE WITH IT.Don'taccept that you have done anything wrong . They will have to start all over again.And now that you demand the Verified Complaint they will dismiss , unless you say ,ok ,fine me. I have personaly had this happen to me. Hope you read this before you pay. There is an even biger lesson to learn here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2008, 03:48 PM
 
Location: Full time RV"er
2,403 posts, read 5,972,732 times
Reputation: 1481
Quote:
Originally Posted by katleigh View Post
He DID do something wrong. Anyone with a hint of morals would not try to argue a ticket that was 30 mph over the speed limit. And you are correct, there is a bigger lesson to be learned here, it is called personal responsibility.
well again you all seam to be missing the point OUR government has in the past and the present trying do away with our constitutional right . did you know that the officer swore an oath to defen and up hold OUR constitution righs. Then what you are saying that it's ok that he ( the officer ) broke a constitutional law while inforcing the vehicle code !!!! remenber that there is no complaint that the court can act on if there was no injury ! No injured person . Take the time to look it up in then law books . You will see what i am talking about > It's all about the money> and also what about the officers morales?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2008, 03:57 PM
 
86 posts, read 242,158 times
Reputation: 31
He broke the law, he pays the penalty for it. It is as simple as that. I may not agree with the officer's behavior, but I thank him for pulling over someone so reckless.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Screwed View Post
well again you all seam to be missing the point OUR government has in the past and the present trying do away with our constitutional right . did you know that the officer swore an oath to defen and up hold OUR constitution righs. Then what you are saying that it's ok that he ( the officer ) broke a constitutional law while inforcing the vehicle code !!!! remenber that there is no complaint that the court can act on if there was no injury ! No injured person . Take the time to look it up in then law books . You will see what i am talking about > It's all about the money> and also what about the officers morales?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2008, 04:02 PM
 
Location: Full time RV"er
2,403 posts, read 5,972,732 times
Reputation: 1481
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Hope you don't ever kill someone while driving nearly double the speed limit. I'd consider yourself very fortunate. Pay the ticket, learn your lesson, and forget whatever lawyer wannabees try to tell you about contesting a ticket. You did very well by being kind to the officer. You should have not frozen and lied about your wallet being in the trunk, imo.
Please no offence but we have a constitution here in the U S . And i stand by it and will defend it . And as for wantabee attorneys I will say this , in our country we can represent ourselfs in a court of Law ( it is called being pro. per.) this i have done with sucess in both criminal court, and in civil court procedings against a city in southern california which took 3 1/2 years. And with the filing and preparing numerios documents that were required.Now if your thoughts are as stated it might be the country that the posting states your from, it would appear things are different there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2008, 04:51 PM
 
252 posts, read 307,940 times
Reputation: 72
Exclamation Yes they do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spree View Post
Does FL have a defensive driving course to take so that after the fine is payed, you can take this course and not have the ticket go against your insurance premium?
If they issued a ticket under his TX license if he pays it should not show up on his TX report--at least that's the way it used to be. And for a FL resident w/ a FL license you can get a ticket once a year and go to driving school...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2008, 05:20 PM
 
80 posts, read 321,737 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Screwed View Post
well again you all seam to be missing the point OUR government has in the past and the present trying do away with our constitutional right . did you know that the officer swore an oath to defen and up hold OUR constitution righs. Then what you are saying that it's ok that he ( the officer ) broke a constitutional law while inforcing the vehicle code !!!! remenber that there is no complaint that the court can act on if there was no injury ! No injured person . Take the time to look it up in then law books . You will see what i am talking about > It's all about the money> and also what about the officers morales?
I'm confused. Exactly which of the driver's Constitutional rights did the officer viotate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2008, 05:34 PM
 
Location: South Tampa - Bayside West Neighborhood
1,824 posts, read 7,775,205 times
Reputation: 1031
I'd hate to get on this bandwagon, but i'm not sure I understand...the law states that the speed limit is 40mph, the poster was doing 30mph OVER the speed limit, therefore breaking the law, not being a law abiding citizen(and possibly causing a horrific accident, that is a bad area traffic wise and so much construction).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2008, 09:19 PM
 
Location: Full time RV"er
2,403 posts, read 5,972,732 times
Reputation: 1481
Quote:
Originally Posted by htmlfamily View Post
If they issued a ticket under his TX license if he pays it should not show up on his TX report--at least that's the way it used to be. And for a FL resident w/ a FL license you can get a ticket once a year and go to driving school...
LIKE I said before, it's all about the money. Have you ever been to one of their schools? If not what a joke, if they were any good then why would they say that you can go to the school once a year ? guess some don.t learn the first time .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top