Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 10:06 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,578,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy03 View Post
I'd hate to get on this bandwagon, but i'm not sure I understand...the law states that the speed limit is 40mph, the poster was doing 30mph OVER the speed limit, therefore breaking the law, not being a law abiding citizen(and possibly causing a horrific accident, that is a bad area traffic wise and so much construction).
OK let me try to explain it one more time. No dought he states that he was above the posted speed. Now comes the officer, public servent with laws that he must follow while doing his job. Your right under the US constitution state, TITLE 18, 241 and 242. his actions were excessive use of authority under color of law, plain and simple . Now i ask ,which is the higher law ? State or Federal? also if the officer can not supply the court with a Verified Complaint (which if you did not know , he can't, he was not injured ) then it is that simple ,the court has no jurisdiction . Sound unreal but it's true.How have they done this for so many years? We allowed them to . QWe have allowed them to Violate the very laws that they say they enforcing. All for the MONEY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 10:06 PM

252 posts, read 390,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Screwed View Post
LIKE I said before, it's all about the money. Have you ever been to one of their schools? If not what a joke, if they were any good then why would they say that you can go to the school once a year ? guess some don.t learn the first time .
Yes! I took my class on the internets... And yes it is ALL about the $$$$$

Old 04-09-2008, 10:09 PM

252 posts, read 390,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy03 View Post
I'd hate to get on this bandwagon, but i'm not sure I understand...the law states that the speed limit is 40mph, the poster was doing 30mph OVER the speed limit, therefore breaking the law, not being a law abiding citizen(and possibly causing a horrific accident, that is a bad area traffic wise and so much construction).
That area is one of the worst SPEED_TRAPS!! Limit is what 60 mph on the spans and than a drop to 40...It's ALL about the money$$$

Old 04-09-2008, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htmlfamily View Post
That area is one of the worst SPEED_TRAPS!! Limit is what 60 mph on the spans and than a drop to 40...It's ALL about the money$$$

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-10-2008, 10:02 AM

70 posts, read 363,288 times
Quote:
Please no offence but we have a constitution here in the U S . And i stand by it and will defend it . And as for wantabee attorneys I will say this , in our country we can represent ourselfs in a court of Law ( it is called being pro. per.) this i have done with sucess in both criminal court, and in civil court procedings against a city in southern california which took 3 1/2 years. And with the filing and preparing numerios documents that were required.Now if your thoughts are as stated it might be the country that the posting states your from, it would appear things are different there.
Perhaps we’d all take your tirades more seriously if you utilized proper grammar and sentence structure…just a thought

Old 04-10-2008, 10:36 AM

86 posts, read 265,073 times
Each time you try to explain, your explanations come out as nonsensical rants. I agree with the person above, before anyone can even begin to take you seriously, you need to learn how to spell and form proper sentences.

Quote:
OK let me try to explain it one more time. No dought he states that he was above the posted speed. Now comes the officer, public servent with laws that he must follow while doing his job. Your right under the US constitution state, TITLE 18, 241 and 242. his actions were excessive use of authority under color of law, plain and simple . Now i ask ,which is the higher law ? State or Federal? also if the officer can not supply the court with a Verified Complaint (which if you did not know , he can't, he was not injured ) then it is that simple ,the court has no jurisdiction . Sound unreal but it's true.How have they done this for so many years? We allowed them to . QWe have allowed them to Violate the very laws that they say they enforcing. All for the MONEY.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:41 AM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,364,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katleigh View Post
Each time you try to explain, your explanations come out as nonsensical rants. I agree with the person above, before anyone can even begin to take you seriously, you need to learn how to spell and form proper sentences.
Also agreed.

I feel bad for the OP - however, he put himself in that situation. He said he's going to take it as experience, now..and that should be that. As many other people have stated - 30 over the speed limit is an offense that gets a ticket.

Some cops suck, I realize this. The OP seemed to handle the situation pretty well, though. Some cops are good. Some also just have bad days. My brother's a cop - so I see both sides...though, again, the officer was only doing his job by pulling him over/ticketing him.

Ben - are you an anarchist? Your thoughts/postings sort of remind me of one...

Old 04-10-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post
Also agreed.

I feel bad for the OP - however, he put himself in that situation. He said he's going to take it as experience, now..and that should be that. As many other people have stated - 30 over the speed limit is an offense that gets a ticket.

Some cops suck, I realize this. The OP seemed to handle the situation pretty well, though. Some cops are good. Some also just have bad days. My brother's a cop - so I see both sides...though, again, the officer was only doing his job by pulling him over/ticketing him.

Ben - are you an anarchist? Your thoughts/postings sort of remind me of one...
TO your question! ( hell no ). My spelling may not be perfect here , as many posting have mistakes > that does not and should not take away the facts . Take the time to look at California penal Code 853.9 as i have asked. it states what your rights are . althou it is HIDDEN from most people who admit that they didn't take the time to research it. I have to ask why on a Judicially approved form would they put it there? Then when you take the time to read it you understand. So as not to violate your Constitutional Right to Due Process. TITLE 42 , 1983. AND TITLE 18, 241 & 242. THESE MAY NOT BE IMPORTANT TO YOU. That does not mean that they are not important to some of us. The Constitution is the same everywhere. So then i ask you Which is the most serious law being broken ? The laws that your brother inforces (doing his so called job) or the laws that our people fighting and giving there lives for over sea's. Direct message me if you care to see the proof to support my statements. If not . it's your Rights.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:34 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,077,203 times
Check out this website. It has traffic ticket data for all counties in Florida. It was saying 25% of the population of FL will be given a traffic ticket in one years time.

Florida Driver License Uniform Traffic Citation Report

Old 04-10-2008, 01:21 PM

105 posts, read 243,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katleigh View Post
He DID do something wrong. Anyone with a hint of morals would not try to argue a ticket that was 30 mph over the speed limit. And you are correct, there is a bigger lesson to be learned here, it is called personal responsibility.

What planet do you live on, fair enough the person did wrong and got caught, but are you saying that if you had a chance of getting away with you fine and no points you would not at least try?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: