Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2008, 07:07 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,444,796 times

Advertisements

anyone got it?

opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 07:17 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,079,511 times
Have had it for two years for the internet and tv. It's the fastest internet thingy out there. And a better picture for tv than cable for both.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:21 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,444,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnepler View Post
Have had it for two years for the internet and tv. It's the fastest internet thingy out there. And a better picture for tv than cable for both.
how much is it costing you?

Old 04-10-2008, 08:19 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,577,338 times
We love it. The internet connection is faster than anything else I've ever had, even on a corporate network. We have a wireless router, so we can use the internet anywhere in the house. My DH likes to sit outside on the patio and surf from his laptop. I have never published our internet addresses (don't need it with all the freebies), yet I get 40-50 spam message each day. Shouldn't receive any IMO. We previously had the fastest bandwidth offered by Brighthouse, so I was leery at first..

The TV leaves some room to be desired. I'm not crazy about the preview guide, I think it could be better organized. I personally liked DirecTV better, but storms in Florida during hurricane season!?!?! It was just unreliable. My grand kids love the On Demand button.

No problems with the FIOS phone ever either. After talking with people (who sound like they're at the bottom of a well) using Brighthouse VoIP, I know I don't want it until they work out the kinks.

Verizon offered us a discounted bundle after burying the fiber. I think it was around $120 per month, but then we added 2 DVRs, movie chanels, etc. so I'm sure it's higher now.

The Verizon support has been very good, too. There was some confusion with call routing when they first started the service in my area, though it's been fine ever since. They helped me setup the wireless router and they even helped me once with a Java scripting error which wasn't a FIOS problem.

Last edited by TampaKaren; 04-10-2008 at 08:31 PM..

Old 04-11-2008, 07:44 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,874,748 times
I also have Fios and we are very happy with it. It is much faster than BH which we had before . The tv program is also good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay