Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2022, 05:24 PM

3,834 posts, read 3,361,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl1150 View Post
Welcome to Florida and I’m glad to see your demographic moving here. We need more young professionals like yourself to bring new ideas and diversity to our state.
No offense but I don't want more liberals moving to FL. FL is about half and half and one tweak it votes blue like in 2008 and 2012 and almost in 2000.

I'm from Missouri and use to the likes of Trump winning by 19 and 16 points and super majorities. Outside of KC, Stl and Boone County the democraps don't even bother running anyone for offices in Missouri. Just Republican or constitution party to choose from in the general election for state house and senate in most counties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 05:34 PM

2,535 posts, read 1,875,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl1150 View Post
Welcome to Florida and I’m glad to see your demographic moving here. We need more young professionals like yourself to bring new ideas and diversity to our state.
Seems like diversity would be a negative because too many ideas or beliefs going on at one time can cause friction. In a homogenous area, there is likely to be less division.

Old 02-17-2022, 08:48 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,713,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
No offense but I don't want more liberals moving to FL. FL is about half and half and one tweak it votes blue like in 2008 and 2012 and almost in 2000.

I'm from Missouri and use to the likes of Trump winning by 19 and 16 points and super majorities. Outside of KC, Stl and Boone County the democraps don't even bother running anyone for offices in Missouri. Just Republican or constitution party to choose from in the general election for state house and senate in most counties.
lol well too late, I'm already here and I registered to vote when I switched my drivers license a few weeks ago. I plan on voting for liberal policies, just so you know. And who cares about Missouri? A fly-over state..

Old 03-11-2022, 08:49 AM

5,029 posts, read 5,699,622 times
https://stpeterising.com/home/2022/3...lvd-in-st-pete

https://ilovetheburg.com/la-segunda-...on-in-st-pete/

Also, not sure how I managed to get on invite group for it (probably one of the many things related to this topic that I've liked) but, I'm going on the 25th of March to a Water Street Development tour put on by Strategic Property Partners about stuff, I'm guessing that has happened and will be happening, in that general area. I'm not sure where the exact event link is now, and this may be unhelpful anyway because it's full now (only had 25 total entries), but anyhow, I'll be sure to post a follow-up of what I have learned and what the tour consists of. It is cool to see Phase 1 there nearing completion; now that street trees, landscaping, and connections are in, it finally feels like a neighborhood!

Old 03-14-2022, 07:51 PM

1,726 posts, read 627,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
lol well too late, I'm already here and I registered to vote when I switched my drivers license a few weeks ago. I plan on voting for liberal policies, just so you know. And who cares about Missouri? A fly-over state..
Why would you vote for higher cost of living? If you vote liberal that is what you are doing. Florida in not cheaper than comparable areas across the country. Sure it may be cheaper than NY or Jersey but so are many other places. We pay more for home and car insurance than many areas, we have to spend more to upkeep our homes as the sun is hard on things. We pay a fair share in roadway tolls. Why would you vote to increase your tax burden? Please don’t say it’s because of increased services. My brother lives in a suburb of Chicago and his taxes are through the roof and they don’t have any services there we don’t here. Government wastes money. Florida is good at managing what they have, but a bunch of liberals will change that.

Old 03-30-2022, 07:27 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,795,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
I’m so sick of people moving here thinking they own the place just because the current Governor is a moron. Florida has always been a place for everybody to come and live in as well as enjoy in peace in addition to being very MODERATE politically speaking. Good luck with all your future endeavors.

Old 04-18-2022, 05:49 PM

211 posts, read 141,199 times
Moderate? Not at all. Our state government is pretty far right-wing.

Old 07-05-2022, 01:05 PM

501 posts, read 475,322 times
I was curious to see feedback on the Water Street project to date- has it met, exceeded, or fell below your expectations?

Old 07-05-2022, 01:10 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,326,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip Mcnealy View Post
I was curious to see feedback on the Water Street project to date- has it met, exceeded, or fell below your expectations?
Exceeded, but that area still needs to fill out a lot more.

Also, Midtown has greatly exceeded my expectations. I expected something mediocre but it’s pretty good. It reminds me a lot of Avalon in Alpharetta.

Old 07-05-2022, 01:14 PM

501 posts, read 475,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
Exceeded, but that area still needs to fill out a lot more.

Also, Midtown has greatly exceeded my expectations. I expected something mediocre but it’s pretty good. It reminds me a lot of Avalon in Alpharetta.
Agree on both ends!

Also, the retail in Water Street seems to be moving extremely slow. It still needs that “anchor” restaurant that isn’t just for tourists. Progress has slowed it seems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay