Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2019, 03:32 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,867,800 times

Advertisements

Looking for a bakery that makes caneles (also spelled, canelles) a French pastry extraordinaire. Anyone have the fortune to find them anywhere in Pinellas?

Merci!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2019, 07:47 AM

4,417 posts, read 3,768,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Looking for a bakery that makes caneles (also spelled, canelles) a French pastry extraordinaire. Anyone have the fortune to find them anywhere in Pinellas?

Merci!

Here? In Tampa Bay? LOLOLOL Good luck! Zero French bakeries of any worth in this area.

I want until I get to Paris for my yearly fix............

Old 04-22-2019, 09:08 AM

17,466 posts, read 38,877,668 times
Quote:

Merci!
I never heard of those. I doubt you will find the anywhere in the Tampa Bay area. I am in Sarasota and we have two locations of an EXCELLENT authentic French bakery where they have many tasty delights on offer, but I did not see those mentioned. I don't think they have everything listed on the menu however, so who knows. I am talking about:

Bonjour - C'est La Vie - Sarasota, FL

The food and pastries here are to die for. The only place I will eat breakfast. I recommend the University Parkway location (just off interstate). So if you are down this way you can check and see if they have those pastries.

An interesting side note - they are transplanted Parisians, so it will be as authentic as you can get in America. They started out in downtown Tampa many years ago, but didn't do that well there so moved to Sarasota and have been thriving ever since. So much so that they opened two locations plus a separate restaurant.

Old 04-22-2019, 10:03 AM

Oddly, I first had these last week, in my little village in Central Mexico. Go figure.

https://www.facebook.com/pateleriafr...elleetfrederic

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...ic-Ajijic.html

Last edited by dothetwist; 04-22-2019 at 10:15 AM..

Old 04-22-2019, 10:17 AM

4,417 posts, read 3,768,765 times
Quote:
Oddly, I first had these last week, in my little village in Central Mexico. Go figure.

https://www.facebook.com/pateleriafr...elleetfrederic

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...ic-Ajijic.html

Caneles are everywhere in Paris, which means you can pretty much find them on every block, since every block has a bakery.

There are some decent French bakeries in South Florida.

Old 04-22-2019, 10:29 AM

Flying to EU today, Lisbon. Maybe I'll get lucky there. A CA friend said Trader Joe's used to sell them, frozen and they were pretty good. Alas, they recently discontinued them. No matter, we will be back in Mexico in late May.

Caneles require a special mold; the bakery in Ajijic only makes them on weekends.

Caneles in Pinellas??-canele.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: