Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 01:03 PM

30,478 posts, read 21,343,248 times

Advertisements

Time all homes are taken away ray if they are not taken care of. Pasco could sell these 2 bedroom dumps for 40 to 60k each since none of them are taken care of anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2019, 07:58 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,642,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
My county that I've lived HERE IN FL collects vehicle registration annually or bi-annually. I can't drive my car without a registration. That's how my county has done it for the decade I've lived here. Not sure how you get your registration, maybe your county does things differently. Gov't is wrong in this situation. Over reaching, over reacting. $500/day punishment over grass.
The point is that it should never actually get to the $500/day punishment. It's also something that can be remedied in 2 hours. So once you get the first $500 fine, you should either cut it yourself or pay the $30 for a company to come do it.

He was given FIVE WEEKS to remedy it. He keeps doing it. What works at this point? Why should the county have to deal with getting this mans grass cut anyways?

I would agree with you if the county was being unreasonable. First notice and $500 fines immediately or something like that. But this is ongoing. The fines are supposed to be enough to get you to act. The fact you find the fines excessive punishment is exactly the point! He was warned, did it anyway. The government did exactly what they are supposed to do.

Old 05-13-2019, 09:44 AM

5,025 posts, read 7,465,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjazz View Post
The poor guy was in North Carolina taking care of his sick mother. He had no way of knowing that his lawn wasn't being mowed. So now he may lose his house just because of an untidy lawn?
$500 a day doesn't make any sense at all; these people are cruel and lack basic compassion.
Business is business.
Sorry, but if you don't pay attention to your obligations there are consequences.

Old 05-13-2019, 03:03 PM

67 posts, read 60,777 times
Dunedin has a dark side that the downtown merchants association,sheriffs dept. & local realtors try to keep hidden from the public.This is merely one example of some of the ridiculous nonsensical things that go on there.Those that contradict this fact have agendas directed towards this city maintaining it's fake manufactured public image.Dunedins citizens police their neighbors riding around in golf carts and walking always on the lookout for something to get bent out of shape about regarding neighbors properties.I don't have hours available to relay the many incidents that have happened to us and those that we used to know there but we're glad to be out of that city.

Old 05-13-2019, 03:27 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,013,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid sees all View Post
Dunedin has a dark side that the downtown merchants association,sheriffs dept. & local realtors try to keep hidden from the public.This is merely one example of some of the ridiculous nonsensical things that go on there.Those that contradict this fact have agendas directed towards this city maintaining it's fake manufactured public image.Dunedins citizens police their neighbors riding around in golf carts and walking always on the lookout for something to get bent out of shape about regarding neighbors properties.I don't have hours available to relay the many incidents that have happened to us and those that we used to know there but we're glad to be out of that city.
Kind of sounds like those NAZI-extreme HOA stories that you hear about once it awhile. Thankfully every HOA that's I've lived in hasn't been nearly as extreme. Guess like HOAs, buyer beware when moving to that town, right?

Old 05-13-2019, 04:28 PM

490 posts, read 585,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Where do you live, certainly not FL. There are no local car tags so no renewal. School registration.....first, he's retired with likely no kids in school; secondly, you think scofflaws' kids should be denied an education because their Dad is a jerk??? Most likely illegal to kick a kid out of school for the sins of his father. Library....oh, yeah, take away his library privileges....and NO more recess! Jeeze.
Question is where do you live, certainly not Florida. In every county the state tag/registration is handled by the county tax appraisers office.

Old 05-13-2019, 05:32 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,642,473 times
He needed to fix his lawnmower.... I mean, I'd say the city was pretty nice with him. Lawnmower broken? I'd tell him to pay to have it cut until you fix your lawnmower.

Old 05-13-2019, 05:34 PM

30,478 posts, read 21,343,248 times
Take it away ray.

Old 05-13-2019, 07:43 PM

603 posts, read 444,656 times
Anyone who lives in a area the requires them to cut their grass ( which is ridiculous in the first place... nobody has a right to dictate how long a persons grass should be ) kind of should know what they are getting into.

Old 05-14-2019, 04:27 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,914,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mph101 View Post
Question is where do you live, certainly not Florida. In every county the state tag/registration is handled by the county tax appraisers office.
But it's a STATE fee, and the fines are LOCAL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay