Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 06:20 AM

4,479 posts, read 3,849,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip Mcnealy View Post
I dont see why it's such a hassle to connect via bigger airports. Where Tampa is situated it doesnt make sense for them to offer nonstop international flights to those cities. Do I wish they offered more flights? Sure. But it doesnt take away how easy and enjoyable of an airport it is compared to others. Parking, security, sitting areas, are all better than most. I was in Newark a few weeks ago and the AC wasnt working and we were on top of people.
Newark is one of the absolute WORST airports ever
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2019, 09:10 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ft Laud Guy View Post
Apparently SLC is such a fantastic airport that it didn't even make Travel+Leisure's new list of the top ten domestic airports, while TPA is such a horrible airport that it ranked FIFTH.

The Top 10 Domestic Airports | Travel+Leisure | July 10, 2019
Salt Lake is a congested mess, for the most part.

Old 07-22-2019, 12:16 PM

5,977 posts, read 7,377,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Salt Lake is a congested mess, for the most part.
Be sure to take your majikal underwear with you, too.

RM

Old 11-13-2019, 11:39 AM

5,025 posts, read 5,672,038 times
Two flights booked thru Tampa!

In December to San Juan (seem to be offering more and more of those, which is nice, since it is such a perfect quick weekend escape).

In March to London-Gatwick, nonstop! Should be a good time. It will be my first nonstop to Europe/Intercontinental travel from my home airport (unless Miami-Lima direct counts as such which I don't think it does, since that isn't my home city), and first time flying direct into London. It's a place that has always intrigued me immensely due to it's world capital status in both a historical and modern sense.

I had considered some other options... Orlando's London nonstop at that time was actually slightly more expensive... Miami had a fewer cheaper nonstops (in the 380 range I think was the cheapest I saw), and I thought very seriously about doing a $384 out of Miami that had a layover in Zurich, then just missing the connection, checking out Switzerland for a couple days, Paris for a day, and London for a couple days. Decided against it though due to the logistical convenience of being able to leave on a Transatlantic after a day of work, and in consideration of my wife's health (flight isn't as much of an issue because you can get up, stretch, etc., but she struggles on long car trips. Also.. the nonstop from TPA was only $450 RT... that's not too shabby even from NYC, but esp. great given circumstances.

Anyways, some good times ahead out of TPA : )

Old 11-13-2019, 12:26 PM

Be careful - carriers can and will cancel your remaining itinerary if you “miss” a connection. Better to “open jaw” if possible.

RM

Old 11-13-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan137 View Post
Two flights booked thru Tampa!

In December to San Juan (seem to be offering more and more of those, which is nice, since it is such a perfect quick weekend escape).

In March to London-Gatwick, nonstop! Should be a good time. It will be my first nonstop to Europe/Intercontinental travel from my home airport (unless Miami-Lima direct counts as such which I don't think it does, since that isn't my home city), and first time flying direct into London. It's a place that has always intrigued me immensely due to it's world capital status in both a historical and modern sense.

I had considered some other options... Orlando's London nonstop at that time was actually slightly more expensive... Miami had a fewer cheaper nonstops (in the 380 range I think was the cheapest I saw), and I thought very seriously about doing a $384 out of Miami that had a layover in Zurich, then just missing the connection, checking out Switzerland for a couple days, Paris for a day, and London for a couple days. Decided against it though due to the logistical convenience of being able to leave on a Transatlantic after a day of work, and in consideration of my wife's health (flight isn't as much of an issue because you can get up, stretch, etc., but she struggles on long car trips. Also.. the nonstop from TPA was only $450 RT... that's not too shabby even from NYC, but esp. great given circumstances.

Anyways, some good times ahead out of TPA : )

Paris is ALWAYS a good idea.

Old 11-13-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Paris is ALWAYS a good idea.
I second that. Also take some time to get out in the countryside like Normandy and see the “real” France. An excellent experience, the people are great and the food is fantastic.

RM

Old 11-13-2019, 01:54 PM

1,277 posts, read 1,089,843 times
If its Norwegian Air International to London be very careful with their bag fees.

Old 11-13-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
I second that. Also take some time to get out in the countryside like Normandy and see the “real” France. An excellent experience, the people are great and the food is fantastic.

RM
I just spent two weeks in Normandie and it was amazing. Best food ever! Brittany also. Brittany, the birthplace of butter, salted caramel, crepes, it was just almost too much!

Old 11-13-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
I just spent two weeks in Normandie and it was amazing. Best food ever! Brittany also. Brittany, the birthplace of butter, salted caramel, crepes, it was just almost too much!
I had a business customer in Fecamp (Normandie) and loved calling on them. After a week there I would be done with seafood and want meat...

RM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay