Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 03:09 PM

4,479 posts, read 3,847,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortonr View Post
french canadian. Already retreating. That should explain it.

Rm
lol!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2019, 04:34 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,241,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
Doing some work at a Salvation Army on the metal roof top at 1230 in the afternoon in Clearwater yesterday. You could feel the heat coming through your boots. Worked up a nice sweat, I will take that any day to a cold rainy day.
Have to be insane to like this reverse west windflow bro with lows of 82 and dews over 80f rover. No rain in days. I am in shut down mode until Dec since we now see 90's all the way into Nov.

Old 07-03-2019, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
I am a Florida native and I detest this extreme heat (anything over 85). But I detest the extreme cold (anything below 50) more.
Well we don't see many days below 50 anymore. If ya live over the next 30 years it will be 80's and 90's year round down here.

Old 07-04-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Well we don't see many days below 50 anymore. If ya live over the next 30 years it will be 80's and 90's year round down here.
I will be retiring in 10 years to Europe and will be OUTTA here!

We had some days this past winter where the high stayed in the 50s and the lows were 34.

Old 07-04-2019, 05:34 PM

Quote:

We had some days this past winter where the high stayed in the 50s and the lows were 34.
I never had a low below 42f last winter. Had a few days of highs in the 50's. We used to see 40's for highs here and there.

Old 07-07-2019, 12:33 PM

129 posts, read 206,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Allergy and Asthma conditions can take that long before recurring in a new geographic location. Since you're spending more time inside and suffering you might consider your issue is more about the indoor environment at home. If you haven't already invest in the better HVAC filters, that might help cut down on indoor allergens like dust and dander. https://www.amazon.com/Filtrete-Ultr...1ec8631fb8f83c Dust mites are a big deal in enclosed climate controlled environments in FL and would recommend a dust mite cover for your mattress and pillows. https://www.webmd.com/allergies/dust...allergy-relief Also wash you covers along with all bedding once a week in warm to hot water to keep them at bay.
Thanks for the info....I found that I constantly seem to have a low-level allergy here in Florida. Didn't think of the dust-mite problem. And I do have to say that I miss having open windows and fresh air coming in! I guess that's the trade-off for having mild winters.

Old 07-08-2019, 10:35 AM

29 posts, read 31,452 times
Quote:

Good luck. By then, summers in Europe will be hot. Not this type of humid hot, but scorching hot because the heat comes from the Sahara. A few days ago, it went pretty close to 100F in Paris. Since most French people don’t like AC and especially fans because of the “courants d’air”, hotels and restaurants can be hell. Try to wolf down a bouillabaisse in the middle of the Mojave desert and you’ll see. Some establishments did study their “sciences naturelles” books, and set their AC to 18C or 65F for the neutral temperature for lack of experience dealing with hot temps. What happens then is a shock when you walk in: you can’t stop shaking even after finishing your bouillabaisse.

Old 07-08-2019, 11:29 AM

1,893 posts, read 1,009,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logane View Post
Good luck. By then, summers in Europe will be hot.
Lived in Europe for over 20 yrs and can't recall air conditioning in many buildings, even some of the older hospitals. They're not prepared for those heat waves they tend to have. Not where I'd like to be (around a bunch if Euros who like to go days and days without bathing, don't use deodorant, in a heat wave). I'll pass on returning.

And the overcast, dreary winters. Not thanks as well. Rain, drizzle, day after day....you could go weeks without seeing the sun. Miserable. Enjoy.

Old 07-08-2019, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Good luck. By then, summers in Europe will be hot. Not this type of humid hot, but scorching hot because the heat comes from the Sahara. A few days ago, it went pretty close to 100F in Paris. Since most French people don’t like AC and especially fans because of the “courants d’air”, hotels and restaurants can be hell. Try to wolf down a bouillabaisse in the middle of the Mojave desert and you’ll see. Some establishments did study their “sciences naturelles” books, and set their AC to 18C or 65F for the neutral temperature for lack of experience dealing with hot temps. What happens then is a shock when you walk in: you can’t stop shaking even after finishing your bouillabaisse.

I agree that the summer temps in Europe can be stifling, and that's why I don't plan on living there without A/C. Of course, unlike Florida, the days in one year with a heat index of 105 or higher are in the single digits in France.

I'm not worried about the hot weather. I'm more worried about the cold weather. Which is why I plan to spend winters in Maui.

I don't like either extreme cold or extreme heat.

Last edited by sinatras; 07-08-2019 at 12:46 PM..

Old 07-08-2019, 11:57 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
Check this out:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ach-record-45c

That equals 113 degrees!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay