U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 03:48 PM

32 posts, read 116,033 times

Advertisements

Hello...i Just Wanted Some Opinions Of What People Love And Hate About St Pete...i Saw The Post About Tampa And Just Curious About St Pete...thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 09:17 PM

38 posts, read 153,261 times
It's so close to the beach.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:51 AM

5 posts, read 33,869 times
Default st pete

St Pete is great because you get the best of both worlds--close to the "Big City" of Tampa, yet close enough to the great vibe and lifestyle of the beach. I live in the "Gateway" area and I love it. I am literally 10 minutes from Tampa across the Gandy, yet I work and usually "play" on Redington Beach which is a 15 minute drive. Downtown St Pete thrives, so right now, I think living in St Pete is a great choice...

Old 07-31-2008, 11:09 AM

13 posts, read 60,215 times
Default St Pete

I love the beautiful winter weather and being near the water and parks along downtown. I love the many restaurants downtown and the historic districts. I hate the fact that there is no upscale stores downtown. Sich as Trader Joe's, Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel, Restoration Hardware, The Gap, Banana Republic, etc. The little boutiquey shops gets a bit tired and are a bit passe now. I hate the fact that we do not have enough policeman to patrol for speeders. we have a lot of speeding cars through residential neighborhoods. What is wrong with them> Would they rather get to their house 2 minutes ealry and kill someone? It scares the hell out of me!! I hate the fact that City Council approves just about every development brought to the table until recently; thank goodness! I hate the smell of the reclaimed water in use in some neighborhoods. That can't be healthy. I hate the fact that we do not have curbside recycling! I hate the summer humidity that seems to last forever! I love the bike trails!

Old 04-18-2011, 12:01 PM

11 posts, read 14,154 times
The whole city sucks Its nothing but immigrants sheriffs and crappy attitudes from any person from any-ware but Florida stay home!! Dont move here There is nothing above 15 per hour and most places only pay min wage or you have to get a job from one of these willet tree and landscape kinda places ware all the under the table employees have felon records. Be carefully if you have a daughter also there's more breed mixing then at a mixed breed dog show going on here and the kids for the most part have the idea that a good time is getting to the nearest bar or drug dealer. I would also have to say that most of this is because every person here is from Chicago , Pittsburgh or Nye York d.c. you name a state basically if there is a crappy city in the state of your choosing the overflow is here. Plus Pretty much every person in a place of authority on the job is probably snorting or smoking up there pay check at home a real nasty bunch most of these guys are. and yeah the beach is OK if you like the beach but after a few times it looses its charm and you remember how bp drooped all those chemicals in top the water every night still with the coast guard. And with that did you know that the stuff in the water is flammable and can coagulate blood picture what that could do to you or your child some day read about it if you can the British government outlawed it at least 15 years ago. Butt all in all the whole states holding on by a thread, and more immigrants and people from other states keep coming in and causing more loss. And now there has been so many cuts in the county not to mention the state, that its causing real Floridians to loose loose loose well nub nuttz keep coming in over flowing and downing it even more. go to another city all to gether and if you don't believe me go to pinellas county drive on park blvd. do some down Seminole Blvd. , and then take a trip down 34th street in to the darker neighborhoods and then if you still all there in the head come back down 4th street from the south side. Ohooo and little known fact to the new comers visiting st.Petersburg or pinellas county DID YOU KNOW THAT The local reference for saint peters turd is actually Da Burg. And not only But Largo is considered Largetto. And the foreigners and outa states are very proud of that. Just need to know little facts about our humble abode at non other then Saint Peters Turd.

Last edited by damanmoney; 04-18-2011 at 12:13 PM..

Old 04-18-2011, 12:08 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,983,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damanmoney View Post
The whole city sucks Its nothing but immigrants sheriffs and crappy attitudes from any person from any-ware but Florida stay home!! Dont move here There is nothing above 15 per hour and most places only pay min wage or you have to get a job from one of these willet tree and landscape kinda places ware all the under the table employees have felon records. Be carefully if you have a daughter also there's more breed mixing then at a mixed breed dog show going on here and the kids for the most part have the idea that a good time is getting to the nearest bar or drug dealer. I would also have to say that most of this is because every person here is from Chicago , Pittsburgh or Nye York d.c. you name a state basically if there is a crappy city in the state of your choosing the overflow is here. Plus Pretty much every person in a place of authority on the job is probably snorting or smoking up there pay check at home a real nasty bunch most of these guys are. and yeah the beach is OK if you like the beach but after a few times it looses its charm and you remember how bp drooped all those chemicals in top the water every night still with the coast guard. And with that did you know that the stuff in the water is flammable and can coagulate blood picture what that could do to you or your child some day read about it if you can the British government outlawed it at least 15 years ago. Butt all in all the whole states holding on by a thread and more immigrants and people from other states keep coming in and causing more loss. and now there has been so many cuts in the county not to mention the state that its causing real Floridians to loose loose loose will nub nuttz keep coming in over flowing and downing it even more no id go to another city all to gather and if you don't believe me go to pinellas county drive on park blvd. do some down Seminole Blvd. , and then take a trip down 34th street in to the darker neighborhoods and then if you still all there in the head come back down 4th street from th south side. Ohio and little known fact to the new comers visiting st.Petersburg or pinellas county DID YOU KNOW THAT The local reference for saint peters turd is actually Da Burg. And not only But Largo is considered Largeto. And the foreigners and outa states are very proud of that. Just need little facts about our humble abode at non other then Saint Peters Turd.

par·a·graph/ˈparəˌgraf/

Noun: A distinct section of a piece of writing, usually dealing with a single theme and indicated by a new line, indentation, or numbering.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:38 PM

35,319 posts, read 44,598,180 times
Interesting first post damanmoney you've cornered the market on negatives about St Pete,its a wonder you are still living there., i'll add a few of my own along with some positives

Weather is too hot in the summer,
Ya have to drive every where you want to go
Too much traffic.

Fishing is great
Beaches are great
Some great neighborhoods
Weather is great in the winter
Lots of activities and events

Old 04-18-2011, 01:38 PM

19 posts, read 71,698 times
Quote:
The whole city sucks Its nothing but immigrants sheriffs and crappy attitudes from any person from any-ware but Florida stay home!! Dont move here There is nothing above 15 per hour and most places only pay min wage or you have to get a job from one of these willet tree and landscape kinda places ware all the under the table employees have felon records. Be carefully if you have a daughter also there's more breed mixing then at a mixed breed dog show going on here and the kids for the most part have the idea that a good time is getting to the nearest bar or drug dealer. I would also have to say that most of this is because every person here is from Chicago , Pittsburgh or Nye York d.c. you name a state basically if there is a crappy city in the state of your choosing the overflow is here. Plus Pretty much every person in a place of authority on the job is probably snorting or smoking up there pay check at home a real nasty bunch most of these guys are. and yeah the beach is OK if you like the beach but after a few times it looses its charm and you remember how bp drooped all those chemicals in top the water every night still with the coast guard. And with that did you know that the stuff in the water is flammable and can coagulate blood picture what that could do to you or your child some day read about it if you can the British government outlawed it at least 15 years ago. Butt all in all the whole states holding on by a thread, and more immigrants and people from other states keep coming in and causing more loss. And now there has been so many cuts in the county not to mention the state, that its causing real Floridians to loose loose loose well nub nuttz keep coming in over flowing and downing it even more. go to another city all to gether and if you don't believe me go to pinellas county drive on park blvd. do some down Seminole Blvd. , and then take a trip down 34th street in to the darker neighborhoods and then if you still all there in the head come back down 4th street from the south side. Ohooo and little known fact to the new comers visiting st.Petersburg or pinellas county DID YOU KNOW THAT The local reference for saint peters turd is actually Da Burg. And not only But Largo is considered Largetto. And the foreigners and outa states are very proud of that. Just need to know little facts about our humble abode at non other then Saint Peters Turd.
Wow.... Why don't you tell us how you really feel....

Old 04-18-2011, 01:40 PM

494 posts, read 1,502,751 times
Why did they get rid of the APBA boat races. That was great fun.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:40 AM

1,389 posts, read 2,069,196 times
Quote:
are you a representative of the education system in st. pete? frightening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or