Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2008, 06:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,168 times

Advertisements

We are specifically looking at an apartment complex called Bridgeview in the 33634 zipcode off of Hillsborough Ave. Can someone please provide an overview of this zipcode and the area in general? I believe it is in the Town N Country neighborhood.

Also looking for recommendations: We've lived in Dunwoody and Duluth in the Atlanta area and looking for something similar in Tampa for anyone who's lived in the areas before. We are a black american couple (a very young )40 & 42. No kids, nice income and we love museums, festivals, the beach, great restaurants, outdoor activities (skating, volleyball, etc.), upscale shopping and the like. We are looking for a diverse area with condos or townhomes, fairly new or modern-contemporary. Large does not appeal to us. We are minimalist with a European attitude.

I welcome all comments, suggestions and questions. Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 06:35 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,507,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylechik View Post
We are specifically looking at an apartment complex called Bridgeview in the 33634 zipcode off of Hillsborough Ave. Can someone please provide an overview of this zipcode and the area in general? I believe it is in the Town N Country neighborhood.

Also looking for recommendations: We've lived in Dunwoody and Duluth in the Atlanta area and looking for something similar in Tampa for anyone who's lived in the areas before. We are a black american couple (a very young )40 & 42. No kids, nice income and we love museums, festivals, the beach, great restaurants, outdoor activities (skating, volleyball, etc.), upscale shopping and the like. We are looking for a diverse area with condos or townhomes, fairly new or modern-contemporary. Large does not appeal to us. We are minimalist with a European attitude.

You would want to look at places near international mall. I'm not sure what area it is though check out Villa Sanoma(sp?) Its in that area

Old 04-16-2008, 09:16 PM

38 posts, read 163,427 times
I lived in Duluth for years. I think the closest thing to Dunwoody is Westchase (33136). It is a very large, modern planned community that is quite clean, compared to most of Tampa. You can find anything from small apartments to large custom homes. The downside is traffic on Veteran's, should you need to work downtown. Of course, nothing compares to Atlanta traffic. You might also consider south Tampa. It has more of an intown Buckhead feel. BTW, I'd avoid Hillsborough Ave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylechik View Post

Old 04-17-2008, 05:32 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
Those apts are off of the main hwy and are pretty secluded. I had a friend who lived there a few years ago. Very nice apt. The down side is getting in and out during rush hour. The other thing is because it is so close to the bay you would probably be in an evac zone if a cat2 was heading towards Tpa area.

The apts are close to the marshes of Tampa Bay. There are a few decent restaurants close by. There is a Home Depot and Ross's a few blocks away. Albertson, Publix and Walmart grocery stores about a mile away. There is also a good meat market near by.

I lived in that area and it isn't really that bad, you just have to be aware of your surroundings. I delivered Meals on Wheels all around there and always felt very safe. There are some problems in TnC with auto theft and breakins but they are everywhere. Get renter's insurance no matter where you rent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay