Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 08:43 AM

3,177 posts, read 6,780,846 times

Advertisements

Pregnant Florida woman uses AR-15 to fend off burglars attacking her family

A Florida woman who was eight-months pregnant and came out wielding an AR-15 rifle reportedly saved her husband and pre-teen daughter last week from a pair of violent intruders who'd broken into the family's home — with the gun-toting matriarch fatally striking one of the men, who was later found dead in a nearby ditch.

Jeremy King was at his home in Lithia, 25 miles southeast of Tampa, at 9 p.m. Wednesday night when two armed men, wearing masks and hoods, broke inside. "As soon as they had got the back door opened, they had a pistol on me and was grabbing my 11-year-old daughter,” King told Bay News 9. “I’m telling them, ‘I have nothing for you,' and they’re like, ‘Give me everything you got.’ It became real violent, real fast.”

King said one of the burglars pistol-whipped him and another kicked him in the head, creating a commotion that attracted the attention of his wife, who walked into the room to see what the noise was — and soon found herself dodging a bullet.The woman, who was not identified, reportedly retreated and grabbed an AR-15 that was legally inside their house, returning to the room and shooting the intruders, hitting one of them.
“When he came toward the back door in her line of sight, she clipped him,” King said of his wife. “He made it from my back door to roughly 200 feet out in the front ditch before the AR did its thing.” The man was later found dead in the ditch, according to the news outlet. The other burglar fled when his friend was shot.

“Them guys came in with two normal pistols and my AR stopped it. [My wife] evened the playing field and kept them from killing me," King said, noting he suffered a fractured eye socket, a fractured sinus cavity and a concussion, and needed "20 stitches and three staples in my head."Neither of the intruders was publicly identified by authorities.
Anyone with information on the incident or the burglar's whereabouts is urged to contact the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office at 813-247-8200.

Old 11-04-2019, 09:07 AM

5,913 posts, read 7,254,662 times
Some things here don’t pass the smell test:

A couple of hooded assailants just randomly choose this guy’s house to break into?

The street has a number of homes on it, this place isn’t in a rural area in the sense that it’s sitting out by itself.

The neighborhood is known for sketchy activities (drugs, of course).

The Sheriff’s department made a comment in the media that they suspect the victim was known by his assailants.

Yeah...I’m interested in how this eventually plays out. I’m betting the victim isn’t so victimless....

RM

Old 11-04-2019, 10:19 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,561,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
Pregnant Florida woman uses AR-15 to fend off burglars attacking her family

A Florida woman who was eight-months pregnant and came out wielding an AR-15 rifle reportedly saved her husband and pre-teen daughter last week from a pair of violent intruders who'd broken into the family's home — with the gun-toting matriarch fatally striking one of the men, who was later found dead in a nearby ditch.

Jeremy King was at his home in Lithia, 25 miles southeast of Tampa, at 9 p.m. Wednesday night when two armed men, wearing masks and hoods, broke inside. "As soon as they had got the back door opened, they had a pistol on me and was grabbing my 11-year-old daughter,” King told Bay News 9. “I’m telling them, ‘I have nothing for you,' and they’re like, ‘Give me everything you got.’ It became real violent, real fast.”

King said one of the burglars pistol-whipped him and another kicked him in the head, creating a commotion that attracted the attention of his wife, who walked into the room to see what the noise was — and soon found herself dodging a bullet.The woman, who was not identified, reportedly retreated and grabbed an AR-15 that was legally inside their house, returning to the room and shooting the intruders, hitting one of them.
“When he came toward the back door in her line of sight, she clipped him,” King said of his wife. “He made it from my back door to roughly 200 feet out in the front ditch before the AR did its thing.” The man was later found dead in the ditch, according to the news outlet. The other burglar fled when his friend was shot.

“Them guys came in with two normal pistols and my AR stopped it. [My wife] evened the playing field and kept them from killing me," King said, noting he suffered a fractured eye socket, a fractured sinus cavity and a concussion, and needed "20 stitches and three staples in my head."Neither of the intruders was publicly identified by authorities.
Anyone with information on the incident or the burglar's whereabouts is urged to contact the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office at 813-247-8200.

You broke rule #1 in the news media.

Stories of people defending themselves with guns go to the back-page in very small print or not at all which is the preference .

Old 11-04-2019, 01:53 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,780,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
You broke rule #1 in the news media.

Stories of people defending themselves with guns go to the back-page in very small print or not at all which is the preference .

Yep. It'll be interesting to see if law enforcement comes up with anything further and whether we actually hear about it.

Old 11-04-2019, 04:41 PM

14,561 posts, read 22,976,532 times
Yeah, you don't want to get shot by one of those.

Old 11-05-2019, 08:49 AM

15 posts, read 9,427 times
Yeah, come break in my house, don't let me my hands on my Galil, or my RussianAK, and yep, fully auto now

Old 11-05-2019, 09:38 AM

324 posts, read 437,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonBiggs View Post
Yeah, come break in my house, don't let me my hands on my Galil, or my RussianAK, and yep, fully auto now
And you are a foolish person to make that statement on an internet forum. May as well be wearing your 'I don't dial 911' shirt when the cops show up.

Old 11-08-2019, 10:09 AM

I'm worried ya know.

Old 11-08-2019, 10:13 AM

Do you have any idea how many weapons Americans own? ALL kinds, that's just a fact

Old 11-08-2019, 10:48 AM

5,913 posts, read 7,254,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
Yep. It'll be interesting to see if law enforcement comes up with anything further and whether we actually hear about it.
It appears the person named in the article has a rather lengthy relationship with law enforcement and the courts in Hillsborough County. Doubtful this will ever resurface as the clickbait of a pregnant mother defending her family with a AR15 is far more salient than the background of the victim....

As for our buddy with the "Russian AK" that's now fully auto, well, you can't fix stupid. The folks at the BATF know this all too well.

RM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: