Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2019, 08:47 AM

1,492 posts, read 3,644,313 times

Advertisements

Good morning,

Last evening, my oldest was driving on 275 and had a blowout on the right front tire. It damaged the inside of the wheel well, the front bumper is no longer connected on that side and damaged the lower body panel under the door when it went. Thankfully, she didn’t wreck and got it off the roadway. We are looking for a good, reputable auto body place to fix it. She had purchased a used tire less than a week before from a business and they aren’t responsible for damages. As this is her lively hood-she drives for deliveries and has limited funds, she needs this fixed. There was no comp or collision insurance on her policy-which is odd as she has a loan. Who can we get this too with reasonable rates and turn around time? It’s a 2015 Jeep Patriot. Thanks for any help as we don’t know where to go in St. Petersburg.

Last edited by CampingMom; 12-08-2019 at 08:50 AM.. Reason: Wrong type vehicle listed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2019, 03:28 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,819,414 times
It's more than odd. Every time I purchased a vehicle that was financed I had to sign a document promising to secure and maintain comprehensive coverage. Additionally, I also had to notify the insurance company if the vehicle was financed and provide them with the lienholder information.

In regards to the tire, used tires are sold as-is. As far as the damage goes, this is probably going to be quite expensive. I'm sorry to say, but prepare for a minimum $2500+ repair bill.

Good luck.

Old 12-10-2019, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
It's more than odd. Every time I purchased a vehicle that was financed I had to sign a document promising to secure and maintain comprehensive coverage. Additionally, I also had to notify the insurance company if the vehicle was financed and provide them with the lienholder information.

In regards to the tire, used tires are sold as-is. As far as the damage goes, this is probably going to be quite expensive. I'm sorry to say, but prepare for a minimum $2500+ repair bill.

Good luck.
That is what we did on her policy too. But someone changed her policy and now need to know why? So far, so good. We found a bumper that matches and wheel well plastic that is off a vehicle that was totaled in the rear. Easy enough fix for us to do ourselves.

Now if she could just find that 3rd shift job she prefers and stop all this all night, 7 days a week working delivering food.

Old 12-10-2019, 07:36 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,819,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingMom View Post
That is what we did on her policy too. But someone changed her policy and now need to know why? So far, so good. We found a bumper that matches and wheel well plastic that is off a vehicle that was totaled in the rear. Easy enough fix for us to do ourselves.

Now if she could just find that 3rd shift job she prefers and stop all this all night, 7 days a week working delivering food.

Glad the repairs aren't as ominous as I interpreted the description in the original post.

Think she changed the policy herself to lower the bill?

Old 12-12-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
Glad the repairs aren't as ominous as I interpreted the description in the original post.

Think she changed the policy herself to lower the bill?
No, that’s the odd part. She’s almost 30 and she’s kept the policy the same as well as making sure that the comp and collision was there when she bought the vehicle two years ago. She’s checking into it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: