Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 04:38 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,758,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
My biggest problems with these rules and laws is the fact that most people could not pick a pit bull out of a group of dogs and it just gives people free reign to ban any dog that they basically don't like the looks of.

If they are banning based on the temperament of the dog is one thing but to do it on looks is ridiculous.

Only time I have been bitten was by a mutt which looked nothing like a pit.
Agreed. The link i posted a few above just shows that most people think the pitbull is something it is not.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:30 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,683,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
Actually, most "pit bulls" are not pitbulls, but are labeled as them.

Pet Pitbull - Find the Pit Bull

For those too lazy to click, its number 16.

Very interesting. Thanks for posting that link. I would have bet money that numbers 17, 22 & 24 were Pits and not number 16. And I own a half Pit! Shows what I know lol.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:23 PM

711 posts, read 933,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Yes - had to ask my HOA to enforce the rule w/ a neighbor recently. The pitbull mix was off the leash several times. Glad that the HOA got involved before I had to make it ugly.
Can anyone suggest exactly how a incompetent HOA can be made to enforce the by-laws? If so--what would be the recommended procedure and approx. what would it cost--in your opinion.

The by-laws were a factor in choosing to live where I do. There must be recourse for the grief these citizen staffed HOA's cause when they refuse to do the job. Do they have the right to ignore?

Old 10-12-2010, 02:42 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluskyz View Post
Can anyone suggest exactly how a incompetent HOA can be made to enforce the by-laws? If so--what would be the recommended procedure and approx. what would it cost--in your opinion.

The by-laws were a factor in choosing to live where I do. There must be recourse for the grief these citizen staffed HOA's cause when they refuse to do the job. Do they have the right to ignore?
Good question - probably many of the posters on the real estate forum of City Data Forum could easily answer that. It probably has to do with getting rid of the manager of the HOA or president. Some HOAs are definitely weak.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:00 PM

711 posts, read 933,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Good question - probably many of the posters on the real estate forum of City Data Forum could easily answer that. It probably has to do with getting rid of the manager of the HOA or president. Some HOAs are definitely weak.
Thanks--will do. In the meantime any suggestions will be appreciated.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:45 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Thread is closed. This is not the place to discuss pit bulls as pets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay