Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 12:27 PM

351 posts, read 320,802 times

Advertisements

Finally DeSantis sees the light....too bad thousands more will die in FL thanks to that jackass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2020, 01:21 PM

413 posts, read 209,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franniejacks View Post
Finally DeSantis sees the light....too bad thousands more will die in FL thanks to that jackass.
Me thinks you are a democrat who will criticize any and all republicans, but would praise democrats no matter what. Just a hunch...LOL!

Old 04-01-2020, 04:57 PM

351 posts, read 320,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB12inTB2020 View Post
Me thinks you are a democrat who will criticize any and all republicans, but would praise democrats no matter what. Just a hunch...LOL!
I'm an independent who has voted for GOP Senators and President in the past. But this GOP is not the same as when I supported John Warner in VA, John McCain in AZ and for President. I supported David Jollie for US Rep. here in FL. However it will be extremely difficult for me to vote for any GOP candidate in the future.

Old 04-01-2020, 09:54 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
Totally irresponsible on DeSantis part...the whole Spring Break debacle and waiting till Florida became a hot spot is shameful! This is beyond politics...wrong is wrong...oh and I voted for the guy...go figure...

Old 04-02-2020, 10:30 AM

5,975 posts, read 7,365,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Totally irresponsible on DeSantis part...the whole Spring Break debacle and waiting till Florida became a hot spot is shameful! This is beyond politics...wrong is wrong...oh and I voted for the guy...go figure...
I didn't vote for him, but I totally agree. This lack of action transcends politics, it was simply irresponsible. Even if it had been the candidate I voted for my opinion would be the same.

RM

Old 04-02-2020, 11:13 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,583,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franniejacks View Post

We have had barely 130 deaths so far in florida not thousands. As per 1 million population we are not in the top ten in states deaths. Exaggerate much? To say florida is a hot spot is over the top as well.

Old 04-02-2020, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
We have had barely 130 deaths so far in florida not thousands. As per 1 million population we are not in the top ten in states deaths. Exaggerate much? To say florida is a hot spot is over the top as well.
Correct. The most important thing to realize, in his thinking on this, is that half our counties had ZERO cases AT ALL for quite some time and some still do not. It made absolutely no sense to shut down the economy in ALL the counties, when those counties had ZERO cases. He wanted them to be able to keep their economy going as long as possible, until we got to the point where the transmission of the virus started to get near those counties. That point is now, so now he shut it down. As a leader, you have to try to manage BOTH the economy AND health. I think he did a very good job. Also, just because he waited until this point to pull the trigger on the state as a whole, that does not mean he was not communicating with the leaders of all the counties. It's not one or the other, but it is very easy for social media folks hiding behind their keyboards to say they are smarter.

Old 04-02-2020, 12:27 PM

417 posts, read 267,358 times
How come I never hear about the survival rate of this virus?

Old 04-02-2020, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Allnut View Post
How come I never hear about the survival rate of this virus?
According to the CDC & WHO, 85% of people who have the coronavirus will never even know it because there will be no symptoms at all or so minor they will think it is nothing at all. This virus spreads easier and quicker than the regular flu virus. According to the CDC, tens of thousands of people have already died this season in the United States from the regular flu, though that never really gets much press. The issues with coronavirus is in how easily it spreads and if left unchecked, it would likely dwarf the amount of people killed by the regular flu. Taking the steps we are taking, we will still likely multiply the deaths of the regular flu by 3 to 4 times. We will have a vaccine for the next season, so we just need to get through this one the best we can.

Old 04-02-2020, 12:53 PM

144 posts, read 158,696 times
There’s a reason why we need to take precaution. Working in just one of the many hospitals located in Tampa bay, you see it first hand. . The ones who don’t think it’s a big are the folks who do not respect others, only care about themselves. As I type this Im under isolation. I was screened for the virus . Waiting on my results. Another poster stated something about only 130 deaths. Over 5,000 + cases in Florida and growing. Expect a lot more deaths. Looking out a window , I can see the park across the street. Yesterday there were four boys playing basketball . Body contact, sweat etc... They were all teenagers. Hopefully grandma and grandpa don’t live with them. That’s where people who deny the severity get to me. You can carry the virus without being affected . You can pass that virus onto another person that is elderly or just sickly. I guess until it happens to somebody personally or somebody’s own family member then the threat isn’t real. Or is it that people are just selfish and can care less about their community? Either way, I choose to listen to healthcare professionals and scientists, being affected personally then some BS politician or their followers. It is a big deal. The threat is real. Believe or don’t . Just don’t say “why did this happen to me” if you’ve done nothing to protect yourself or others. Stay safe and watch out for yourselves and your community. Lastly , this isolation sucks. Yesterday was day 12 in isolation. They said results could take anywhere from 7-14days. I was screened on the 20th so any day now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay