U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2020, 04:56 PM

Location: Not the end of the Earth, but I can see it from here
3,945 posts, read 4,191,551 times

Advertisements

I was in the market as a seller with a listing that went live the last week of February and closed (thank goodness!) on March 25th. I've watched other similar listings in my area either languish or have deals fall through over the past 2-3 weeks.

A week or two ago I heard or saw something in the local media about how busy realtors were, they were just having to change their methods to accommodate the current situation. I'm wondering how true that remains to be the case, as it looks like it's getting ugly for sellers right now.

Lenders were all jammed up, too, with people trying to get on the refinance wagon. I just did a refi application early this week and it's already in underwriting and expected to come out early next week with a projected closing date the last week of April. Lender says that buyers have priority in the closing queue, but they've already moved my projected closing up once since I started the process on Monday, which tells me the buyer's queue is starting to empty out.

Hmm. This does not bode well for the market, methinks. Maybe one of our resident realtors can chime in and tell us what's really happening?

RM
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2020, 05:57 PM

16,110 posts, read 10,915,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
why are you thinking this ? if that is the case i will be taking a trip and buying my retirement home sooner than expected .
2008 coming again minus the high gas prices thanks to Bush2.

Old 04-10-2020, 06:24 PM
KPB

1,497 posts, read 1,067,835 times
We all are "doomed" lol.

Old 04-10-2020, 07:39 PM

6,689 posts, read 7,213,851 times
I have noticed in the past three weeks that I have never seen so many "back on the market" listings(just my unscientific observations)...we bought our current home in 10/19 for 10k over asking :0! So i'm sure we won't be selling anytime soon...However, the reason for this downturn is very specific...I think depending on how quickly we can get up and running as a country will greatly determine how badly the real estate market will get!

Old 04-12-2020, 01:45 PM

413 posts, read 135,669 times
The more I look around the more I keep finding I am drawn to the Countryside area of Clearwater. Take a look. Maybe you will like it too.

Old 04-12-2020, 02:22 PM

764 posts, read 500,370 times
Which part of Clearwater? There's an unincorporated area along Ulmerton Road that calls itels Clearwater, but it's not Clearwater.

Old 05-25-2020, 04:21 PM

57 posts, read 36,389 times
You might like the Countryside area of Clearwater.Anywhere north of 580 and south of Curlew is a safe bet for what you sound like you're looking for.

Old 06-11-2020, 01:41 PM

6 posts, read 770 times
Take a look at Bel-Keene, Keene Acres, Live Oak Park, Feather Sound, Pride or Countryside if you want to stay in Clearwater. You might be able to find something in Belleair or Belleair Bluffs if you have a dedicated agent and in your price range in my professional opinion you should start in Seminole (Close to beaches with excellent schools). If you have anymore questions DM me.

Old 06-12-2020, 07:18 AM

84 posts, read 34,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy84 View Post
Hello,

I will be moving to Clearwater in May and I have no idea where to start my home searching. Zillow shows pretty low school rating near clearwater. Could you guys give me a recommendation on neighborhood with good school district? My budget is around 300-400K for 3+ bedroom. I would like my commute to be within 30 minutes from clearwater. Thank you!
Best schools (as rated by the Florida Dept of education) seem to be in north clearwater near the palm harbor area. I grew up in the Belleair/Bealleair Beach/Sand Key area and went to private school off of US 19 because the public schools we were zoned for were, and still are, not good. If I was doing private school I'd live in the Belleair area for the safety and access to beach. Second choice would be Dunedin for the same reasons and dining/entertainment options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or