Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2020, 12:58 PM

3 posts, read 5,767 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I will be moving to Clearwater in May and I have no idea where to start my home searching. Zillow shows pretty low school rating near clearwater. Could you guys give me a recommendation on neighborhood with good school district? My budget is around 300-400K for 3+ bedroom. I would like my commute to be within 30 minutes from clearwater. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2020, 02:45 PM

224 posts, read 228,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy84 View Post
Hello,

I will be moving to Clearwater in May and I have no idea where to start my home searching. Zillow shows pretty low school rating near clearwater. Could you guys give me a recommendation on neighborhood with good school district? My budget is around 300-400K for 3+ bedroom. I would like my commute to be within 30 minutes from clearwater. Thank you!
At this point, with the Great Reset upon us, any advice is moot and academic at best, and no longer valid in the post-2019 world at worst.

You may as well be asking the same in early 1930 based on information from 1929.

Old 03-21-2020, 03:08 PM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Hello,

Look to the north in Palm Harbor, East Lake or Oldsmar. Within those areas I would suggest East Lake and the East Lake Road corridor north of Tampa Rd. Of the group it will push your 30 minute commute the furthest (perhaps even a tad more on a bad day) but in my opinion is the nicest in terms of housing stock, neighborhoods, proximity to services and convenience in getting to them. The schools are all 8s for the most part with a 9 or two, and a great place for families in general with tons of group sports leagues from every sport imaginable.

Old 03-23-2020, 08:59 AM

3 posts, read 5,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Look to the north in Palm Harbor, East Lake or Oldsmar. Within those areas I would suggest East Lake and the East Lake Road corridor north of Tampa Rd. Of the group it will push your 30 minute commute the furthest (perhaps even a tad more on a bad day) but in my opinion is the nicest in terms of housing stock, neighborhoods, proximity to services and convenience in getting to them. The schools are all 8s for the most part with a 9 or two, and a great place for families in general with tons of group sports leagues from every sport imaginable.
Thank you so much. That was a great help! If I decided to send my kids to a private school, do you think there are safe/nice neighborhood in Clearwater?

Old 03-23-2020, 01:49 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
Quote:
Thank you so much. That was a great help! If I decided to send my kids to a private school, do you think there are safe/nice neighborhood in Clearwater?
Countryside area of Clearwater is very safe! Also look in Dunedin area too!

Old 03-25-2020, 11:41 AM

984 posts, read 2,711,017 times
One thing to add... Clearwater is pretty wide from East to West. 30 minutes from the western part is a fair bit different from the Eastern part. might help to know which part of Clearwater . Also what time of day and direction of travel can make a huge difference on the commute. Most major roads through Clearwater have heavy traffic going south in the morning and again going north in the early evening. If you are looking north of Clearwater and will be commuting the typical 9-5 hours you would need to be closer to stay within 30 minutes.

Within Google maps you can set the day and time of day for directions between two addresses to get a ballpark on travel times.

Old 04-04-2020, 12:34 AM

48 posts, read 34,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ft Laud Guy View Post
At this point, with the Great Reset upon us, any advice is moot and academic at best, and no longer valid in the post-2019 world at worst.

You may as well be asking the same in early 1930 based on information from 1929.
Heed this dudes advice, spot on if you really care about your family. The obvious choice would be the furthest you could bare from major city populations. Or have two locations you bounce back and forth from as you see fit.

If you look at crime maps for the area, the whole area is already pretty "crimey" and red colored, and it will only get worst as the economy deteriorates, you can think about private school as Plan B you know when schools actually are open again.

Adapt to the new way of life, normalcy bias is highly dangerous....

Old 04-04-2020, 05:22 AM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Just wait a few months and get a 300k house for 150k.

Old 04-05-2020, 09:42 AM

656 posts, read 1,355,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
If that happens I’ll definitely being trying to get a vacation home. I would love to live in Clearwater one day.

Old 04-10-2020, 01:15 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post

why are you thinking this ? if that is the case i will be taking a trip and buying my retirement home sooner than expected .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay