Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 07:45 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,073,706 times

Advertisements

We have relatives that are getting ready to start looking and they are really impressed with fairway village from looking at photos . Now this is a 55 + park and they have started looking at the homes and it is a land share and im not real sure how a land share works maybe someone on here might know . My aunt has a medical alert service dog and she has been okay'd for that because they cannot deny her entry because she has that issue . however i dont want to see them get stuck or be unhappy in this place , so please anyone who knows anything about this place please let me know the good and the bad . Yes they are working with a real estate agent but I have no idea how sharp or go getter she is . i just want to know so maybe i can help them a little . thanks in advance for any answers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2020, 09:23 AM

982 posts, read 607,459 times
Hello, I don’t know anything about that particular park but can give you some information on land share. I own in WestWind in Dunedin and it is a land share park as well. We own the property, basically, and only pay the monthly dues which for our park includes use of the clubhouse/pool/library/shuffleboard courts/small gym and yard maintenance. The value of the land can and most likely will go up in price. If she has the option to purchase with the share, I would go that route. The park cannot be sold unless a majority of the owners agree to have it sold (probably to a developer) so it is pretty safe. Part of our park has just a few remaining who do not own their share so their monthly dues are quite a bit higher as they are paying rent for the land. We pay property taxes on our share as well.

Usually, these parks will have many social activities that are going on so she will not get bored and everyone seems to look out for each other.

Old 06-06-2020, 07:11 AM

3,177 posts, read 6,820,398 times
Just a general piece of advice, regarding mobile homes in the area. Make sure your relatives have an evacuation plan. During hurricanes and such, mobile home parks are often under mandatory evacuation order.

https://www.pinellascounty.org/emergency/mobiletips.htm

Old 06-10-2020, 10:22 AM

4,295 posts, read 2,763,324 times
By land share,do you mean "resident owned"? That term is a joke and is very misleading. Lot rents are a bit lower in RO parks, but you still don't own the land (which is why the term is misleading). The park can be sold at anytime, your rent can go up, anything can happen.

Please do not even have them consider a MH unless they OWN the land (Pasco has more options for this than Pinellas county).

Most parks allow pets, this wouldn't be an issue. But if she does buy in a park (as opposed to her own land), make sure it is in the "pet section." Many parks are divided that way. A few don't allow pets, but most do.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
By land share,do you mean "resident owned"? That term is a joke and is very misleading. Lot rents are a bit lower in RO parks, but you still don't own the land (which is why the term is misleading). The park can be sold at anytime, your rent can go up, anything can happen.

Please do not even have them consider a MH unless they OWN the land (Pasco has more options for this than Pinellas county).

Most parks allow pets, this wouldn't be an issue. But if she does buy in a park (as opposed to her own land), make sure it is in the "pet section." Many parks are divided that way. A few don't allow pets, but most do.

im sorry but if you dont own the land then why is the county and state charging taxes on it ? I know about pasco county and i would not recommend that area to anyone . Most of that area floods really badly and they would not like it there but thanks anyways for your comment.

Old 06-13-2020, 08:54 AM

It is a shady practice sometimes referred to as "pass on taxes" because they are "passed on" to the MH owners even though they don't own their plot of land.

You have not done enough research on this. I would strongly advise you to familiarize yourself with the difference between "resident owned (land share)" and a privately owned lot. You will find most of the ones in Pinellas county to be resident-owned. I think there is one in Oldsmar where you own the land.

https://www.point2homes.com/US/Home-.../90016006.html

"price includes the $ 55K share in the land."

Old 06-13-2020, 08:58 AM

Here is one in Gull Aire in Oldsmar where you actually own the land (hence, the much higher price point):

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-31961?view=qv

Notice two things:

The listing will state that you will own the land (big selling point).
The listing will show the actual size of your lot - not the size of the lot of the park. For example, in this listing, 5,227sq ft lot.
In the Fairway ad, it states 125.39 Ac.

Old 06-13-2020, 09:09 AM

Here is High Point in Brooksville where you own the lot. I realize you probably are not looking that far north, I just wanted to post it as another example of a community where you actually own the land:

https://homesofhernando.com/communities/high-point/

Old 06-14-2020, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Here is High Point in Brooksville where you own the lot. I realize you probably are not looking that far north, I just wanted to post it as another example of a community where you actually own the land:

Hi are you in real estate ? you seem to know quite a bit about this and or do you or have you ever lived in one of these land share places ? just curious . My oldest brother is in real estate and im sure he has explained this with my relatives .

Old 06-14-2020, 08:54 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,820,398 times
Quote:

High Point is a great development, so is Brookridge down the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay