Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 12:26 PM

5,977 posts, read 7,377,898 times

Advertisements

I like LKJ1988's suggestion. West Pasco has everything they could want at a very affordable price point. Not only that, many of the neighborhoods, despite not having HOAs, have amenities such as doorstep drug delivery, free removal of any items of value that might be cluttering up your yard or driveway, regular police patrols, etc., etc.

RM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2020, 04:51 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
I like LKJ1988's suggestion. West Pasco has everything they could want at a very affordable price point. Not only that, many of the neighborhoods, despite not having HOAs, have amenities such as doorstep drug delivery, free removal of any items of value that might be cluttering up your yard or driveway, regular police patrols, etc., etc.

RM
And New years and July 4th have so many fireworks it would make the Iraq war blush. These poor peeps don't have a pot to pee in but can spend 100's for fireworks.

Old 05-12-2020, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
And New years and July 4th have so many fireworks it would make the Iraq war blush. These poor peeps don't have a pot to pee in but can spend 100's for fireworks.
I forgot about that. Dang, that area is starting to sound downright attractive.

RM

Old 05-13-2020, 06:51 AM

3,177 posts, read 6,823,614 times
You greedy rich people aren't helping.

Old 05-13-2020, 05:17 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,282,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Yep, that and tattoos and cigarettes.
It's all about priorities.

Old 05-13-2020, 05:24 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,653,525 times
Look for small rural towns that are too big of a commute for any job and the locals have stranglehold on any minimum wage part time jobs. Those will have cheap rent and life saver for anybody on SS or disability unless you enjoy living in your car. Course they are also long way from health care and probably even decent supermarket. But you can live ok on $900 a month.

Old 05-13-2020, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lluvia View Post
Yep, that and tattoos and cigarettes.
It's all about priorities.
All trash for sure.

Old 06-02-2021, 03:47 PM

2 posts, read 2,574 times
My monthly income is $1,500 I can't find a dumpy ass trailer to even move into they want you to make two to three times the rent

Old 06-02-2021, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra Grimes View Post
My monthly income is $1,500 I can't find a dumpy ass trailer to even move into they want you to make two to three times the rent
Yup. I require first month, last month and a month's damage deposit before you ever sign the papers. And that's if you pass my screening. It's pretty much the norm for rental property any more, not just here but everywhere.

I also don't have issues with tenants who disappear in the dark of night, trashed properties, drunken rowdy parties or other such nasty things that plague lower cost rentals. Sorry, but the market is what it is, and I'm not running a charity. Your situation sucks, for sure, but I don't have a solution, unfortunately.

Have you reached out to the County and checked with Social Services? There may be options.

RM

Old 06-03-2021, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
Yup. I require first month, last month and a month's damage deposit before you ever sign the papers. And that's if you pass my screening. It's pretty much the norm for rental property any more, not just here but everywhere.

I also don't have issues with tenants who disappear in the dark of night, trashed properties, drunken rowdy parties or other such nasty things that plague lower cost rentals. Sorry, but the market is what it is, and I'm not running a charity. Your situation sucks, for sure, but I don't have a solution, unfortunately.

Have you reached out to the County and checked with Social Services? There may be options.

RM
That is all we have in my hood is midnite movers that trash the place. Fool behind me rented to 3 scum bags and never got a dime all 3 times. Last time he let some scam bag from jail move in and paid his power bill from the last place. They gave up renting it years ago and it's been sitting empty ever since. Tons of homes sitting empty for years in my hood. None of them are worth over 30k.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: