U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 06:49 PM

201 posts, read 227,877 times

Advertisements

I tend to agree, but with my kids playing hockey, we are there three days/week so living right in Tampa is problematic because there are no ice rinks. I would only be going into the office 2-3 times per week (more likely 2). Really like Safety Harbor. It is close to the Clearwater Ice Arena and had a nice walkable downtown. Could put up with a 45 minute drive if I had to. Is that reasonable from Safety Harbor to Harbour Island?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
I'd live in Wesley Chapel Good and retired...No commuting to any work place from there.

If you work in Tampa, put up with Tampa and live close to work, same with every Work Hub in the Nation and State. There is a time for all the stages in life, I personally would not drive more than 10 mls to go to my job...I get a place and hr or 2 away from Tampa for weekends, where I can eventually move when the Work Sentence expires, but wasting 2-3 hrs a day commuting to a job is NOT a Life for anyone.

People live today, 'cause tomorrow could be too late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2020, 07:50 PM

Location: Not the end of the Earth, but I can see it from here
3,945 posts, read 4,191,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonthedream View Post
I tend to agree, but with my kids playing hockey, we are there three days/week so living right in Tampa is problematic because there are no ice rinks. I would only be going into the office 2-3 times per week (more likely 2). Really like Safety Harbor. It is close to the Clearwater Ice Arena and had a nice walkable downtown. Could put up with a 45 minute drive if I had to. Is that reasonable from Safety Harbor to Harbour Island?
Depends. It all comes down to the time of day. That, and if there are any wrecks on the causeways. One wreck will turn an hour commute into a multi-hour commute.

RM

Old 05-31-2020, 11:27 AM

1 posts, read 81 times
What about going north?

I'll be working in Sumterville. How is 75 going north/south to and from during peak times? ( I'll be working a rotating shift).

I was down in the area last week, but obviously traffic is different with COVID-19

Old 05-31-2020, 01:28 PM

16,108 posts, read 10,915,619 times
Gonna be bad, Traffic is back to normal now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or