Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2008, 02:10 PM

19 posts, read 82,770 times

Advertisements

* * * * YOU CAN HELP HERE * * * *
There seems to be a bunch of back and forth when it comes to what "Side" people want to move to... Or what is better on that side...Or what is bad on that side..... So I ask of you this.... If you are a Gulf-sider.. then please describe the GOOD and the BAD with as much straight forward short facts as you can.... And why YOU believe that the West side is BETTER then the East..... And if your an EAST coast-sider then do the same for your side.....
What we are looking for here is a clear cut - down to brass tacks - information... For example :
1. How much is rent in your area... What do you get - Range ?
2. Real Estate - How much - What’s the market like - Again range ?
3. What are the BAD areas that YOU wouldn't walk in at night or DAY ! ?
4. How are the schools doing ?
5. Are the shops good... Is there fun things to do..If so what ?
6. What type of people live in that area... Rich...Poor...Black ...White... Crazy...Smart.... Homeless.....Young...Old.... ?
7. What’s traffic like ? Does it take forever to get anyplace ?
8. Jobs...Jobs...or lack there of... Types.. Pay ranges... What do you do for a living..What’s the average pay... Good companies ?
9. Does it feel "Florida Tropical" or is it more ???? Whatever Feeling ???
10. Is your area overgrown... or under developed ???
11. What do you love and hate about your area..... What would you change if you could ???
These are just a few questions I think most people trying t relocate have deep in the mind ..... So lets get some answers and maybe we can help someone out...Isn't that what this is for after all...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 07:30 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,379,348 times
Here is my synopsis of Tampa Bay and why I like living here(on the Gulf side).

//www.city-data.com/forum/tampa...t-city-me.html

As far as your questions:

1. How much is rent in your area... What do you get - Range ? 550 will get you a studio/efficiency; 650-1200 will get you a decent one bedroom; 950+ will get you a decent 2 bedroom in nice areas.
2. Real Estate - How much - What’s the market like - Again range ? From 200k+ depending on where in the city and outskirts in the suburbs, from a one bedroom condo to a 3bed/2 bath new home. Market is a buyers market, prices have dropped by depending where in the city and outskirts would depend on proce fluctuation. I let the realtors handle this one.
3. What are the BAD areas that YOU wouldn't walk in at night or DAY ! ?
I would walk most anywhere in the day, at night I may be a little nervous around College Hill and Drew Park, East of I-275-North of I-4.
4. How are the schools doing ? Some are GREAT, some are OK..
5. Are the shops good... Is there fun things to do..If so what ?
lots of shops(Intl Plaza, Westshore Plaza, CItrus Park, University, Brandon, Hyde Park Village and more, most any store you can find anywhere else is in the Tampa area, with Ikea and Crate and Barrell soon to open. As far as things to do..name it, and you can probably do it here(except of course winter sports)

6. What type of people live in that area... Rich...Poor...Black ...White...
Crazy...Smart.... Homeless.....Young...Old.... ?
ALL OF THE ABOVE - Tampa is a small-medium sized city of roughly 330k, with a Bay area population of about 2 million.

7. What’s traffic like ? Does it take forever to get anyplace ?
For this size city it is typical..NOTHING like the major cities like Atlanta, DC, NY, Chicago, Houston, etc. Depends where you are going.
8. Jobs...Jobs...or lack there of... Types.. Pay ranges... What do you do for a living..What’s the average pay... Good companies ?

ALL TYPES of jobs..Health Care, Hospitality, Financial Services, Customer Service, Education, Government..with everyting else mixed in. Many Corproate Headquarters and regional Headquarters in the Bay area.

9. Does it feel "Florida Tropical" or is it more ???? Whatever Feeling ???
Mid-tropical, Fort Lauderdale south is more of a tropical feel, it gets kind of cooler and dryer here in the winters.

10. Is your area overgrown... or under developed ???
BOTH, although i think there could be more density in the inner core of Tampa, and less sprawl, but thats my opinion.

11. What do you love and hate about your area..... What would you change if you could ???
See the link above, i'd like to see mass transit move along quicker, and more urban density, less sprawl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay