Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 02:02 PM

81 posts, read 307,908 times

Advertisements

Check out Real Estate on Yahoo! Real Estate Homes for Sale, MLS listings & more! ..they provide MLS listings for free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 07:53 PM

105 posts, read 199,280 times
zillow and trulia I personally think are NOT accurate in most cases I have searched for a few homes I sold and prices were totally off I even did my own address and my house was in there much higher than what i paid for it so don't rely on that. once you hire a buyers agent we will be able to give you more accurate info then these websites. keep in mind most listings on realtor.com or yahoo.com are often not updated daily they could be under contract or already sold and still show as availble on there. i usually set up a personal website with listings for my out of state clients tailored to their wants and needs and they love it its a neat interactive website - so once you decide to work with an agent ask them to do that for you!

Old 05-15-2008, 06:26 AM

17,504 posts, read 38,984,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy_tampa View Post
zillow and trulia I personally think are NOT accurate in most cases I have searched for a few homes I sold and prices were totally off I even did my own address and my house was in there much higher than what i paid for it so don't rely on that. once you hire a buyers agent we will be able to give you more accurate info then these websites. keep in mind most listings on realtor.com or yahoo.com are often not updated daily they could be under contract or already sold and still show as availble on there. i usually set up a personal website with listings for my out of state clients tailored to their wants and needs and they love it its a neat interactive website - so once you decide to work with an agent ask them to do that for you!
I have found Zillow to be completely accurate for sales prices. I have looked up many addresses, and seen the house info, then double checked it with tax records and it was accurate. Now I agree they are not accurate as far as values, but I think they are improving there as well.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:36 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,198,811 times
if you go onto some of the big realtors websites they have free access to mls search. weichert, era, remax, coldwell etc. they will have have a tab to search the mls. The mls search is the most thorough. i have also used realtor.com but the search is not 100% accurate. there is also 1228home.com. once i have found a few properties that i like and i want to get more details like property address, more pics or more info, i either google the mls number or search all 3 of the above. once you have addresses for the property you are interested in most county appraiser sites have all the other details like sales history, lot size, building size, taxes, owner name. they will also have overhead maps showing the actual lot shape, fema zones, wetlands, soil types etc

Old 05-15-2008, 09:38 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,033,106 times
here u go.

Property Search

Old 05-15-2008, 09:40 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy_tampa View Post

The problem with zillow, is that the prices continue to DECLINE RAPIDLY and zillow cannot update it on their site quick enough ! No joke. What you see at Zillow last week is not what you see today. Prices continue to decline RAPIDLY

Old 05-17-2008, 03:03 PM

4 posts, read 22,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
here u go.

Property Search
We found our home on the Property Search website posted above. I also frequent homes.com and ziprealty.com.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay