Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 04:51 PM

1 posts, read 16,715 times

Advertisements

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have gotten 2 quotes for coverage on my home in Port Richey.
Citzen's : $3700.00 per year
Royal Palm thru Allstate : $ 5700.00 per year
How much worse can it get??!!??
I have a 3 bedroom home with a 2 car garage.
I'm presently paying $ 886.00 per year and my ins. co. is leaving Florida 2/07.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2006, 07:50 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,432,349 times
http://www.floridatoday.com/graphics/insurance/New_web_map_3/index.html (broken link)

OMG, I feel so bad for you. They are just awful with the rates of insurances. Try the link above. It is a map of Fla. and shows all the different counties. When you click on your zip code, if will provide the prices of the different companies that will provide insurance for your zip code. It tells you the premium for your county on a 150,000 house. It may at least let you know which company would be the cheapest in your area.

Old 12-28-2006, 07:57 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,155,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjgracesr View Post
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have gotten 2 quotes for coverage on my home in Port Richey.
Check the following and contact FMAP, this covers other insurance and Citizens...
http://www.fmap.org/index.cfm

Old 01-03-2007, 01:05 AM

42 posts, read 122,658 times
Default to kjgracesr- re: insurance

I have my insurance thru State Farm (Steve Bennett is the agent on US 19 in Holiday). See if you can get coverage thru them. Ask them to put you on their waiting list. I know someone who did that and a month later the person got a call and had coverage. I pay way less than what you are being quoted, and I am in Holiday.

Mary
(I'm not a realtor, insurance agent, or anything having to do with realestate transactions. I'm just a homeowner)

Old 01-09-2007, 10:21 PM

10 posts, read 52,162 times
hopefully, the upcoming session of the legislature will start to address this insurance mess.

Old 01-09-2007, 10:23 PM

53 posts, read 259,520 times
Default Asi

Quote:
Are you west of 19? PR is having issues right now with increases. Give ASI a call.

Old 01-11-2007, 07:32 AM

27 posts, read 210,979 times
Default Get on the waiting list now

My understanding is the Allstate and Statefarm only get to write so many policies a year so the early in the year you get on the list the better.
Good luck.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:45 PM

Smile Best Time to Insure

My spouse has sent several of his clients to Allstate along with many other carriers. He has not had an issue with Allstate except they tend to run higher considering they use credit scores. The difference for Allstate and State Farm is they will not write policies if there is a storm in the Atlantic. It is hard to get a policy from State Farm. Two years ago, they would write if you were on the north side of I75 (New Tampa) but not the south side (Tampa Palms). The best thing you can do it shop around and do not settle with what you think is to high. If you are paying more than $400-$500 per $100,000; you are paying to much as long as you are not on the coast
kristi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa-chrissie View Post
My understanding is the Allstate and Statefarm only get to write so many policies a year so the early in the year you get on the list the better.
Good luck.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:50 PM

Glad to hear that. I am none of those occupations either. I just hear what is going on in the different areas because of my spouse who is a mortgage manager. He has had difficulty locating affordable insurance for some of his clients in Hudson, Port Richey, Soring Hill, and Holiday. It is almost like a hit or miss. May I ask what you are paying? If not, I understand. I am very happy to hear some positive news because to be honest, I have not come across anyone in my personal or professional life that is getting hit with high premiums.
kristi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolidayFL View Post
I have my insurance thru State Farm (Steve Bennett is the agent on US 19 in Holiday). See if you can get coverage thru them. Ask them to put you on their waiting list. I know someone who did that and a month later the person got a call and had coverage. I pay way less than what you are being quoted, and I am in Holiday.

Mary
(I'm not a realtor, insurance agent, or anything having to do with realestate transactions. I'm just a homeowner)

Old 01-23-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Rates

Hi, I meant to post this as a response. Must have been tired.

First, what town are you in? Are you east or west of Hwy 19?

Our insurance is $2500 per year
So we are only paying $265 annually per $100,000.
St Johns Insurance Company of Florida
866-304-7779

We also have a home that we rent in East Tampa (high crime area)
We are paying $504 annually on $126,000 total home price
American Strategic Insurance Corp (ASI)
727-374-2502

If you are west of 19, you may want to bargain your rate down by increasing your deductibles across the board (wind, etc).

I hope this helps because there seems to be arbitration on how rates are assigned.

kristi

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay